Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
db_join adds new record to left table

here is my model function
Code:
class Tincture_model extends CI_Model {

function get_records()
    {
        $this->db->select('tincture.*,ps_product_lang.name as ps_name,tincture.name as tincture_name ' );
        $this->db->join('ps_product_lang', 'tincture.ps_product_id = ps_product_lang.id_product ','left');
        $this->db->group_by('tincture.tincture_id');
        $query = $this->db->get('tincture');
        return  $query->result();
    }
Every time I run it it duplicates the last record of table tincture.

What do you mean by "it duplicates"? And what is the last record? can we se the query result?

Thank you!

This is the result of last_query(): (captured right before the return in the model function)
Code:
SELECT `tincture`.*, `ps_product_lang`.`name` as `ps_name`, `tincture`.`name` as `tincture_name` FROM `tincture` LEFT JOIN `ps_product_lang` ON `tincture`.`ps_product_id` = `ps_product_lang`.`id_product` GROUP BY `tincture`.`tincture_id`

This is the result of print_r($query->result()): (already inserted one record)
Code:
Array ( [0] => stdClass Object ( [tincture_id] => 1 [ps_product_id] => 13 [name] => Sibirian Ginseng [is_product] => 1 [ps_name] => Siberian Ginseng [Eleutherococcus senticosus] [tincture_name] => Sibirian Ginseng ) [1] => stdClass Object ( [tincture_id] => 2 [ps_product_id] => 10 [name] => Pau d'Arco [is_product] => 1 [ps_name] => Pau d'Arco [Tabebuia impetiginosa] [tincture_name] => Pau d'Arco ) [2] => stdClass Object ( [tincture_id] => 3 [ps_product_id] => 1 [name] => Cat's Claw [is_product] => 1 [ps_name] => Cat's Claw uña de gato [Uncaria tomentosa] [tincture_name] => Cat's Claw ) [3] => stdClass Object ( [tincture_id] => 44 [ps_product_id] => 1 [name] => Cat's Claw [is_product] => 1 [ps_name] => Cat's Claw uña de gato [Uncaria tomentosa] [tincture_name] => Cat's Claw ) [4] => stdClass Object ( [tincture_id] => 45 [ps_product_id] => 1 [name] => Cat's Claw [is_product] => 1 [ps_name] => Cat's Claw uña de gato [Uncaria tomentosa] [tincture_name] => Cat's Claw ) )

here is the controller:
Code:
function index()
    {
            $this->tincture_over_view();
            return(0);
    }

function tincture_over_view()    
    {
        $data = array();

if($query = $this->tincture_model->get_records())
        {
            $data['title'] = 'Tinctures';
            $data['admin_head'] = $this->load->view('templates/admin_head', $data, TRUE);
            $data['admin_top_bar'] = $this->load->view('templates/admin_top_bar', $data, TRUE);
            $data['admin_header'] = $this->load->view('templates/admin_header', $data, TRUE);
            $data['admin_footer'] = $this->load->view('templates/admin_footer', $data, TRUE);
            $data['title_action'] = 'Manage Tinctures';
            $data['top_note'] = 'List of your tinctures.';
            $data['records'] = $query;    

//            print_r($data);

$this->load->view('tincture/tincture_over_view', $data);
        }
        else
        {

$this->tincture_create();
        }
    }

I am sorry but I still don't see the duplicated record... There are 4 records, all with different ids.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2015, 05:06 PM by CroNiX.)

I would guess that your first query in the IF() is failing, which makes it go to the ELSE, which is:
Code:

Your first query is a select, not an insert or update, so it's impossible for that to be adding anything whatsoever to the database.

(01-22-2015, 01:51 PM)Avenirer Wrote: I am sorry but I still don't see the duplicated record... There are 4 records, all with different ids.

I was not clear. Somehow the last record gets copied into a new record. Since it is autoincrement, a new id gets created. With every run a new record gets created.

(01-22-2015, 05:06 PM)CroNiX Wrote: I would guess that your first query in the IF() is failing, which makes it go to the ELSE, which is:

Code:

Your first query is a select, not an insert or update, so it's impossible for that to be adding anything whatsoever to the database.

I took the if else off and against my prediction it worked especially because
Code:
calls a function that opens the create record window - still far from creating a record. And it is still a mystery why it uses the contents of the last table record to create a new on.

So thank you all - it works - even have no explanation.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB