Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2

[eluser]unsub[/eluser]
ok
I'll have another look at the file plugin. It seemed that the file plugin controller and the controller from codex base that I looked at (can't remember just off hand whether it was in the library, or in the controllers) were not in total agreement on what was allowed - I changed them both, but I'm sure I missed something. I'll have a look in system as well, as it had not occurred to me until just now that maybe CI has some kind of file restriction.
Thanx for the reply though.
If anyone else has an idea, I'd love to hear it.

PS: just remembered, another issue I was having was dates; for some reason any date before 1900 gets displayed as 31 - December, 1969... not a particularly bad year, but not correct either Smile
I think it's something to do with the javascript, but I was unable to track it down. If anyone has dealt with that before, I could use a tip. Forms enter it in to the DB fine, and the data stays correct, but when it's listed out in Codex records view, it's 1969 Tongue odd...

cheers

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
i'm not sure what the date bug is about, i have to look at it, but it obviously has to do with the epoch (jan 1st 1970). Perhaps it's a php function getting a negative value, i'll have to test it.

[eluser]yanbab[/eluser]
First thanks a lot for CodeExtinguisher, it's great.
[quote author="jTaby" date="1212704657"]gusa, CodeExtinguisher _used_ to have server side pagination, but i convertd it to client-side pagination so that ordering and pagination would work in a more intuitive way. Adding db pagination is actually very easy. Here's what you want to modify:

1) codexcontroller:ConfusedetupQuery
2) Remove the pagination code from view_modes/table.php and add your own.[/quote]
Is the code with server-side pagination exists somewhere in SVN ? I have a large database and it's unusable right now.
Also noticed that there is no code update since may 23, have the developpement stalled or are you preparing a release or something ?
thank you !

[eluser]steel_slasher[/eluser]
i noticed jTaby saying something about installing two copies of codex for one site (one for the users and one for admin) and i was wondering how i could that.

[eluser]Palino[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1217294845"]Paul, If you go to RelationalContainer, chage the getAllForeignRecords function from:

Code:
$query = $this->CI->db->get($this->foreign_table);
        return $query->result_array();

To:

Code:
$this->CI->db->from($this->foreign_table);
        foreach($this->params['access_restriction'] as $k=>$v){
            $this->CI->db->where($k,$v);
        }
        return $query->get()->result_array();

I haven't inspected or tried the code, but assuming it works, you'll be able to do this in your YAML file

Code:
second_table:
    class: ManyToMany
    params:
        access_restriction:
            field: value
[/quote]

this should help a little bit more:
Code:
$query = $this->CI->db->from($this->foreign_table);
        if (isset($this->params['access_restriction'])) {
            foreach($this->params['access_restriction'] as $k=>$v){
                if (is_array($v)) {
                    $this->CI->db->where_in($k, $v);
                } else {
                    $this->CI->db->where($k,$v);
                }
            }
        }
        return $query->get()->result_array();

and controller / definitions (im using PHP, sorry...):
Code:
'class' => 'ManyToMany',
                                'params' => array
                                (
                                    'display_field' => 'name',
                                    'access_restriction' => Array(
                                        'language_id' => Array(0,1,2,3),
                                    )
                                )

yanbab, I have been developing codex alone (with a little bit of help from Thoer) continuously for almost a year I just got burnt out and I need a break, plus the current version is fairly stable.

steel_slasher, now that I think about it, there are a couple of complications. You have to rename the codex folder and the backend.php folder. But realize that they will be sharing the same tables. IIRC, you might have to dig through some code to rename the tables (they're not all in config files like they should be).

[eluser]steel_slasher[/eluser]
thanks for your help, it shouldnt be too hard just a small search. hopefullu i can also find how the login system works to make it compatible sitewide

[eluser]yanbab[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1217362536"]yanbab, I have been developing codex alone (with a little bit of help from Thoer) continuously for almost a year I just got burnt out and I need a break, plus the current version is fairly stable.
[/quote]
... and you deserve it Smile
If so why not make rc14.2 a 2.0 release, and consolidate all the ressources in one place (code.google for example, right know it's diffucult to find the svn repository url, the documentation is in CI forum, pbwiki, plugins are on http://codeextinguisher.com/ ....).
On the marketing side the product will feel stable and finished rather than in heavy development or abandonned.
On the community side it will give us the confidence to contribute (plugins/bugfixes/translations- I can help with the french one - sorry for my english btw) and that we can build our project on a fondation which is not going to change radically next month.
what do you think about it ?

yanbab, well i got this far...

http://71.65.20.84:81/codexsite/index.php/forums

[eluser]yanbab[/eluser]
excellent !

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB