Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
valid_emails

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Using CI 1.6.2

When using valid_emails within my validation rules I get the following message included in my validation error_string:

Unable to access an error message corresponding to your field name.

To get around this I had to add an additional line to the validation_lang.php in system/languages/english to get it working:

$lang['valid_emails'] = "The %s field must contain all valid email addresses.";

The line I used to call the validation method was:

$rules['email_to'] = 'trim|required|min_length[5]|max_length[255]|valid_emails';

Thanks.

[eluser]Natebot[/eluser]
I came across this same experience today using 1.6.3.

I don't know if this is fixed in 1.7 or if bugs in 1.6.3 will continue to be documented or fixed.
A search for "valid_emails" didn't come up with anything on the bug tracker so I added it to the bug tracking list.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
There is a $lang['valid_emails'] line in the 1.7 language files. Could you update and let us know if the issue persists please.

[eluser]Natebot[/eluser]
Thanks Derek, that's good to hear. It was a trivial issue so I'm sure it works if the language line is there. I will be upgrading for development but I am keeping production at 1.6.3 for now. As a bit of guidance could you tell us if we should continue to report 1.6.3 issues? Is there support for older versions?

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Yes, absolutely report them - we'll fix anything up and get it into the codebase. Obviously check the bug tracker first (I know you know this, and already did so - its for the benefit of anyone else reading this) Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB