Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is there an Open Source app like CushyCMS?

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
Yes Kemik, but their solution is fully hosted on their servers. So as a designer you do not have to do anytthing to your servers. They "publish" the content by ftping new html files to your site. It's very bare bones.

[eluser]Mirage[/eluser]
[quote author="charlie right" date="1211332969"]Hi i just got registered for the exact reason MatthewR posted this subject, does anyone know any alternative? Just a copy / paste code or something similar for those designers (like me) who love creating websites but just don't have the time or knowledge to integrate a fully blown CMS in there?

Cheers[/quote]

This thing doesn't enable you design websites. Just to edit predefined blocks of [static] content via ftp in a visual way. If you love to design websites and want to use a CMS then EE is a great solution.

Cheerio!

[eluser]matthewr[/eluser]
Hey Mirage! SimpleMC looks great! Looking forward to your releases Smile

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
check out CodeExtinguisher, it automatically generates a backend to manage your data, and includes advanced "plugins" to make the interface more intuitive to your clients.

btw, this seems like a really sweet feature to include in CodeExtinguisher....

[eluser]charlie right[/eluser]
i think it just doesn't exist yet.

[eluser]swhitlow[/eluser]
I would like to put in my vote for something like this.

What I would like to see developed (or might just develop myself) is an in-between editor. You have the ExpressionEngine's, and Joomla's, etc. which are full blown CMS's that do their job excellent. Don't need to replace those. It's already been done.

Then, you have your really simple editors that just edit simple HTML "regions" or tags. Kinda like what CushyCMS is doing or Dream Weaver.

What I would like to see is something in the middle that allows the developer to put in the simple regions into their template. But, it would be pulling these regions from a database. The backend would allow the developer to "define" what page names and section names he is using. And then end user would have their own backend to be able to go in and edit these regions.

Does anyone know what the closest thing would be out there like this? It would seem like it would be Simple-MC (which looks killer by the way) but - I can't seem to find any files for that one.

Thanks!

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
swhitlow, CI makes it extremely easy to pull data from the db and use it, and CodeExtinguisher makes it extremely easy to manage a backend.

[eluser]swhitlow[/eluser]
jTaby - I'll give it a try!

[eluser]dare[/eluser]
I am using the services of DeriveHost.com . What i interested on their services is that they don't give tons of hosting space but i think 2GB is very much OK for a hosting plan.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Will update soon - Sorry, had to pull the post temporarily.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB