Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Need web design tips and advice

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi! seems there's a lot of ways to make a very attractive home page.

Can you please give me advice how to make an attractive home page without having to use flash? (though it's guaranteed to make best home page using this, i don't want to deal with learning flash that much)

Somehow a nice design includes nice menu arrangements, few little effects, organized web page sections using divisions or frames... etc.

How can i make an attractive home page using the quickest, simplest possible method??

thanks!

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I think you better ask this question in a design forum, we only make our code attractive Wink

A few general tips are don't overload the page with content, don't overdo the design, create visible sections, don't design against convenience. That is what i picked up from design posts i read.

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]

>>> How can i make an attractive home page using the quickest, simplest possible method??

1. Define your audience
2. Google and analyse what is already available for your audience
3. Google for available templates
4. Learn how to cut template and create the background code.
5. Publish and see if you were successful

Either the above or advertise for some professionals here

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
[quote author="busy_ant" date="1211373173"]How can i make an attractive home page using the quickest, simplest possible method?[/quote]

Exacly like you are telling, the simplest possible will be the best design!
Forget about flash and all this animated stuff, this bring only superficial things that disturb the people's attention, you really can do exciting design with pure HTML and CSS, and only a few static images and icons.

[eluser]MCrittenden[/eluser]
Once you know what you're going for (target audience, etc.), CSS Template sites like oswd.org or openwebdesign.org can really help a lot in looking for inspiration. If you see something you like, grab it and modify it to make it perfect for what you're going for.

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
[quote author="MCrittenden" date="1211431825"]Once you know what you're going for (target audience, etc.), CSS Template sites like oswd.org or openwebdesign.org can really help a lot in looking for inspiration. If you see something you like, grab it and modify it to make it perfect for what you're going for.[/quote]

It's to bad that OSWD is completely dead. Last time an update was done was on 1/22/07 :/

Was an awesome site before it went sorta-belly up. Owner should hand off the maintenance to someone who can keep it going or pick it up again. :/

Some of the available design styles are a bit dated now. It's actually not a bad idea to hunt around some of the general WordPress blog theme sites and alistapart. Lots of ideas have been gleaned that way. Smile

[eluser]Sara Martin[/eluser]
Design forum can tell you better for this.This is the reality.But many designer are also here and they can also telling you the good things.

[eluser]MalayLadu[/eluser]
You can use jquery and css to create your homepage.
Jquery have numbers of different UI library.

[eluser]Mirge[/eluser]
Thread necromancing ftw.

I thoroughly enjoy this book for inspiration:

http://www.amazon.com/Web-Designers-Idea...750&sr=8-1

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB