Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
hot to set default file permission / owner / group

[eluser]vile[/eluser]
can anyone tell me how to set the default permission/ owner and group, whenever i create new file using a script. thanks

example:
Quote:mkdir('test/dirc/')

dirc attribute must be::
ownwer: apache
grp: dev
permission: 775

[eluser]mironcho[/eluser]
Hi vile,
you can set default permissions with umask (but you have to set it every time when your application runs and before uploading something) or change permission/group of some file later with chmod and chown (using chown is not always possible/allowed).

In addition, you can set file permissions while creating directory with mkdir by setting it's second argument:
Code:
mkdir(’test/dirc/’, 0775);

[eluser]vile[/eluser]
thanks for you reply.

yes i tried to set umask now my problem is the owner and group of the file. chown / chgrp is not working. however i tried to change httpd.conf user and group. i set it to apache and dev. it worked but still got problem. i cant use phpmyadmin...

is there away other way to fix this? thanks

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
It sounds like your host has a limitation on what scripts can accomplish with regards to the filesystem.

[eluser]vile[/eluser]
this is the error message

Quote:SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access /home/chat/codeigniter/chat/agents/rex/client_xml/ owned by uid 99

uid 48 is apache
uid 99 is nobody

I set php.ini safe mode = off. it didnt work
i also tried to disable safe mode in htaccess. still no luck.

is it normal to run apache under nobody and user id set to #-1? if not, who should run apache and under what group?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB