Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why CI doesn't have generators ?

[eluser]Chris Newton[/eluser]
Wait, off topic.... so Michael, did you lose all of your great contributions? Erkana Auth, CI Dev pack, etc? Or are you just in the process of migrating them to the new system?

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
I think the answer to the initial question is more philosophical or an approach to a problem.

Read the users guide specifically the architectural goals

Think loosely coupled system and you will realize how liberating this is.

A system like this allows you to create your own generators (if you must) but it won't straight jacket you. I doubt that anyone on this forum works exactly the same way as I do. In a year from now I expect I won't be working they way that I am now (hopefully working less, getting more done).

Anyway give CI a try, after all, you tried rails and it seems you are still looking.

'we don't need no stinking generators' ;-)

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Quote:Wait, off topic.... so Michael, did you lose all of your great contributions? Erkana Auth, CI Dev pack, etc? Or are you just in the process of migrating them to the new system?

Lost it all - believe me, I know... sucks. Sad

But, I'm looking on the bright side of things - it gives me an opportunity to redefine that little piece of the web as well as really push me to release new and exciting things to all of you (and recreate my old contributions and make them better).

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
[quote author="jinit13" date="1211534082"]Hi, I'm coming from Rails background, and I'm wondering why there's no generators in CI ?

Example:

Code:
php script/generate Controller users index register login
It should create a controller named users with views (index, register, login) files ?[/quote]

I'd say it's because this is CI and not Rails.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB