Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A few questions about code igniter

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
To be honest, I hate coding in core PHP now - starting off with nothing feels so empty!

[eluser]kertz[/eluser]
well frameworks are not always a complete solution... Its good to do what it is meant to do... But most of the time when you want to do something challenging(in my view interesting Wink) you've got to go core...

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Good luck in your search Kertz, and we do hope to find you back here again. Just a note about DBForge... don't be too quick to dismiss it - it takes an array and builds your db for you. I wrote it when I was trying to solve the problem of creating a distributed app (in this case ExpressionEngine). I never really realized how incredibly useful it could be, until I ended up using it on my own side-project, BambooInvoice, which is (surprise!) built in CodeIgniter.

I've never really thought about it until right now, but it would be pretty straightforward to adopt it to accept an XML file as well, and perhaps an even better way would be to create an array_2_xml() function or something similar.

I'm working on a post on my blog about DBForge and why I was too quick to dismiss it earlier, but you know how those things go... it might be a year before I finish that off...

[eluser]kertz[/eluser]
I know its always hard to find time for things people love to do... Smile Anyways since there is doctrine plugin there is no worry about the XML support and ORM! Doctrine has built in schema support( eventhough they prefer YAML more).

I think what we need is an xml_to_array() function ( and probably array_to_xml() too), so that we can edit the XML schema easily and update/create the db.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Yeah, and although its been a while since I've used them, I think simpleXML or the something like xml_parse_into_struct() might do it.

[eluser]kertz[/eluser]
Yep... Thats the problem solved... add just a line of code to DBForge! But still we need a standard to be followed in case of the tags used in the XML to make things better. Anyways I'm into CI! Smile It is simple and that is the most difficult thing to do... to make things simple Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB