Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Drupal and CodeIgniter

[eluser]Jeffrey04[/eluser]
I am currently integrating Drupal 5.7 with CI 1.6.2 and was having some error messages complaining that CI is calling methods from some non-objects.

First was the $BM->elapsed_time() [Output.php] and then $CFG->item() [Output.php] and $OUT->append_output(); [from Loader.php].

The statement that causes the integration not working was the global variable declaration statement, somehow I don't understand why the global objects are not found (hence the error messages). I am calling CI with these statement from a drupal module.

Code:
// process the query string
$_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] = $_GET['q'];
require_once dirname(__FILE__) . '/index.php';

Then I added a statement under the global $VAR statements to use &load_class() to load the classes again. From Common.php it is stated that the function &load_class acts as a singleton...

Quote:* This function acts as a singleton. If the requested class does not
* exist it is instantiated and set to a static variable. If it has
* previously been instantiated the variable is returned.

So I assume it is almost the same as the global declaration???? I don't have any further problem running the CI application via drupal module or direct access now. Or is there something else that I am missing? I have read another thread on integration as well (and the wiki entry) but I still want the profiler for debugging purposes.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB