Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Site intergration question

[eluser]phybertek[/eluser]
Hello,

I've been testing CI with writing a few simple apps. My questions is, how do you intergrate CI into a currently coded site. I wrote a basic template system with my current site, only because I wanted to really learn PHP, not because anything lacked, but now I really see the benefit of CodeIgniter.

Say for example you already run a site and you have your site's base installation at www.mysite.com/index.php (/forums/index.php,/blogs.php etc). What would be the best way to intergrate CI into production, first allowing for us to write code for our new applications in www.mysite.com/ci_example/ (using CI). Later I plan to move my frontpage into CI, but that is down the line.

Also, I have applications that I wouldn't like to try to rewrite like phpbb etc.

phybertek
Thank you in advance for your advice.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
rename your bootstrap file (index.php), add that name to the index_page configuration setting and you can introduce CI additions separate from the production site. Once you are finished redoing the (whole) site in CI you can rename it back to index.php

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB