Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Forums

[eluser]Sceneshift[/eluser]
Hi Guys,

I've created community driven site using CI and the fantastic Redux Authentication library. I need to add some discussion forums now, and I was thinking that linking with the vBulletin login / registration system would be easy. It isn't Sad

I was wondering if anyone has any forum systems they have integrated with CI and a authentication library quite easily? I'm not looking for anything feature heavy.

Best Regards

[eluser]steel_slasher[/eluser]
i suggest finding out how vB hashes its passwords (md5 or sha1) and then getting erkanaauth which is a very basic auth library and edit it to authenticate the user through the vB sql table

this way you are not turning CI into a vB addon but harmonising them both to work together

oh yeah i know you have already set up redux but i really suggest getting erkanaauth instead and building on top of it since you will learn something and if something goes wrong you can easily fix it since you made not someone else

[eluser]Dunrobin[/eluser]
I recommend Simple Machines Forum. (SMF) Here are a couple threads about integrating SMF with CI:

Integrating CI with SMF (Simple Machines Forum)

Correct Way to Call Hooks Functions?

[eluser]Sceneshift[/eluser]
Thanks for the replies.

@ steel_slasher: I am quite fond of redux, and it's a little bit late to be changing now. Thanks for the tip though I'll consider it next time.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB