Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeignitier and eclipse

[eluser]Kromack[/eluser]
Ok ! Thank's for the explanation.

[eluser]Sam Dark[/eluser]
Actually I can document all the source with phpDoc if someone from CI team will bless me and then include this into the official distribution.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
We certainly support this if its something that you'd want to do, but the truth is that after some internal discussion, it isn't something we'll be supporting at this time. I really think its cool though that you all offered your own time to move this forward, thanks - its the kind of thing that makes the CI community so great.

[eluser]Xkribble[/eluser]
as I get more familiar with it I would contribute time as well ... it'd probably help me get up to speed with using the platform come to think about it...

Sad to hear that… what's the reason not to including docblocks?

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
If I give reasons then everyone is going to argue them with me... I don't really want that. Wink

The short version is that we feel the additional comments made the code harder to read by a human, and increase the codebase by (6200 variable declarations x 3 lines) over 18,000 additional lines that while useful for some people are not useful for all.

Now please, please, please don't take this as a condemnation of phpdoc or us not wanting to support it or anything like that. It is not. The truth is, its a stylistic preference for right now, and if it changes in the future I hope that you'll still be around to give us a hand.

[eluser]Xkribble[/eluser]
just a thought (and if this falls under arguing I appologize) ... some frameworks (and this is actually referring to js but the concept holds) anyays some frameworks have multiple download options... with docs without, partial etc... now I am speaking from a position of complete (almost) ignorance as to the work involved etc... but for future considerration I thought it'd be worth looking at having an "official" CI with and without the docs ... but I am completely sold and commited to using this framework either way.

Ok, if you will ever change your mind — tell me Wink

[eluser]m9dfukc[/eluser]
maybe it would be much easier to write a eclipse plugin for this purpose than commenting 6000 variables Wink

I'm ok with Java but not very familiar with Eclipse SDK to do it. Plus how do you think it will process complex code like returning objects without PHPDoc?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB