Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
$this->db->update() works fine on dev server but doesn't update DB on live server

[eluser]minimal design[/eluser]
Well, the title says it all Wink

It's a little download counter script. It works fine on my dev server so the functionality's fine, but I moved it live and nothing happens... I have a few PHP function disabled on server , could that be the problem?

Code:
show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open, allow_url_fopen

Other than that... any pointer would be much appreciated... not sure where I should start looking...

Thanks!

[eluser]stuffradio[/eluser]
Did you correctly configure the database for the live server? Is the database schema the same in both environments?

All the content is coming from the DB, custom CMS. Everything's retrieved from the DB without any problem... I used a SQL dump from local to live...

The problem really seem to be coming from the insert that doesn't work, I"m just a little at loss as where to start looking.

Thanks!

[eluser]stuffradio[/eluser]
What is your code that is being used to update it?

Here it is, but keep in mind the code does work... just not on the live server...

Code:
function get_file($id) {
    $f = $this->downloads_model->get_file_info($id);
    // download file
    $f_uri = 'uploads/downloads/'.$f['file_name'];
    $name = $f['file_name']; // name of downloaded file
    $file = file_get_contents($f_uri); // need to read file's contents to pass to force_download()
    force_download($name, $file);

// add download count to DB
    $dl_total = $f['dl_all_times']+1;
    $dl_current = $f['dl_version']+1;
    $data = array(
              'dl_all_times' => $dl_total,
              'dl_version' => $dl_current
           );
    $this->db->update('downloads', $data, "id = $id");
}

hold on a sec... it doesn't work locally anymore either... I had a regression somewhere and didn't notice until now... Might have something to do with 1.62 update?

gonna look into it...

So... looks like if I just put the DB update code before the force download code, then it works again... Wouldn't that be a bug? I don't think I changed anything in my code when I updated to 1.62... and it worked fine before that...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB