Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Combining PhpFreeChat with Codeigniter

[eluser]Isos[/eluser]
Hi.

A question to anyone who's familiar with phpfreechat script.

I want to using phpfreechat inside my codeigniter application.
So far I managed to combine but I am having problems setting client_script_path and some other params because of codeigniter functionality.

I am able to load object: printChat(), but all I get is : Chat Loading ... please wait! and goes forever.

In the source code, I saw that javascript is included in the right way, but the definition of the pcf_server_script_url is:
var pfc_server_script_url = ".\/Loader.php"; while this one should be the controller, but although I am setting the param to the controller in php:
$params['server_script_url'] = "livechat"; I am still getting Loader, which is obviously The CI loader library class.

Please help. Even if you are not a phpfreechat user, if you can help me by reading it's params list maybe I've missed something. Setting up phpfreechat is really easy and neat, but the configuration of asynchronous requests (client script) is the only pain I see.

Thanks.

[eluser]Lukifer[/eluser]
Glancing at the PhpFreeChat demo, and it loads 10-15 javascript files. Have you tried looking at it with the Net tab on Firebug, to see if it's finding all the Javascript files? I suspect that some dependent JS isn't getting loaded on your app (PhpFreeChat builds on top of Prototype, it looks like.)

[eluser]Bryan Seeds[/eluser]
This ever get figured out? I had the same difficulties and used firebug and noticed 404's from the JS files. def. a problem, pretty obvious, but how do I send it through the controllers? Or what is the proper way of using JS in CI?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB