Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 2.2.1 Released

CodeIgniter 2.2.1 has been released today, and is a security release for the 2.x branch. The XSS handling has been improved, and timezones updated.

Since most have moved on to the development version of 3.0 from the GitHub repo, these fixes only affect sites powered by the legacy version. Sites running the development version of 3.x are unaffected as they have already been addressed in that version line. We felt that sites who were still running 2.x and potentially impacted by the vulnerability warranted an update so the release available for that version line is secure.

You can download v2.2.1 now, and we encourage you to read the full changelog.
James Parry
Project Lead

expected for 3.0 version
Q&A for Codeigniter
StartBBS--open-source, light weight forum software.
Best VPS:Digital Ocean

I was expected CodeIgniter 3.x.
Anyways, When will BCIT release verson 3.x?

CI3 will be out soon Smile
This is a security release for our legacy version - being responsible!

(01-23-2015, 12:11 AM)ciadmin Wrote: CI3 will be out soon Smile

Thanks a ton for that - It is appreciated!
A Big thanks to all involved in getting that done Smile

Well done team. Upgraded all sites to 2.2.1. No known issues so far.
Await for 3.0...

i love codeigniter

I would expect codeigniter appears

(01-22-2015, 10:53 AM)jlp Wrote: CodeIgniter 2.2.1 has been released today, and is a security release for the 2.x branch. The XSS handling has been improved, and timezones updated.

Since most have moved on to the development version of 3.0 from the GitHub repo, these fixes only affect sites powered by the legacy version. Sites running the development version of 3.x are unaffected as they have already been addressed in that version line. We felt that sites who were still running 2.x and potentially impacted by the vulnerability warranted an update so the release available for that version line is secure.

You can download v2.2.1 now, and we encourage you to read the full changelog.

Thanks a lot JLP. I'm waiting for CI3, eventhough I already use this version for production...

(01-23-2015, 12:11 AM)ciadmin Wrote: CI3 will be out soon Smile

Hi,
I had updated my project which is in development stage to CI 2.2.1. While running a cron job via CLI, an error about "Undefined index: REMOTE_ADDR" on line number 352 in core/input.php was shown. I don't think this was there in previous version, i.e. 2.2.0.

Googling about it brought this old link:
https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/issues/1890

I have solved this for my project, but thought of notifying you guys about the issue.

By the way, thanks for the update! Waiting for CI 3 eagerly!  Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB