Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Webnode ?

[eluser]theinfinityone[/eluser]
Hello all

I'm fairly new for Codeigniter, I'm mid-experianced PHP and Java developer. Using eclipse-PDT. Not used any framework before.

I saw Webnode.com yesterday. They are created a site builder service. You can join and create a website, very simple. You can use you name as subdomain. (username.webnode.com like ) Editor panel using ajax, very smooth. I think this is using Extjs or Jquery.

So Anyone can explain me, what is behind this website, I'm planning to do like this service

Can CI handle ? and Jquery. Also they got a backbone for domain register, email service and webstats. How they do this webware, any thoughts ?

No ideas ? anyone did like this ago.

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
There are two services coming together here. One is hosting, and the other is web development.

On the hosting side, you will have to see how your host handles these kinds of services. Subdomains can theoretically be done with just a wildcard dns and some mod-rewrite rules. All the other stuff, such as domain registration and email will require more integration with web-hosting services.

As for the programming. The short answer is: yes, CI can do this. However, be warned that this would be an enormous undertaking. I certainly wouldn't dare attempt this by myself. Ideally you would someone who is very skilled a writing solid object-oriented javascript, a good designer, and more than one experienced php programmer. By the way, it's neither jQuery nor ExtJS, but Prototype (and several thousand lines of custom javascript code).

Seeing as you are new to CodeIgniter - start small.

As for future I 'm planing to do like this service, not right now, I think for this service and also for big projects I need a framework, I'm just worring about infrastructre.
You said CI handle it, but it seems I cant handle alone. And also I need a skilled JS developer for controls, widgets etc. For me, I'll go with CI anyways train for, looks promising. Thank you for your reply.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB