Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Any large(-ish) scale open source projects using CI?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am considering using CI for a large project at my company. Before we get started however, I'd really like to see an example of a large(-ish) app running the framework so that I can get a better feel for how it would all layout.

Is there anything open source I can look at to see how it all works together on a larger scale (I'm pretty new to MVC-style programming)?

Basically any type of app would be fine (full-featured blog, CMS, forum, etc.). I've seen references to several projects in development, but no full/complete applications.

Thanks.

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
Wait a bit and expression engine will be based on CI, for the moment the only 3 that are more or less close to being called working apps are blaze, inktype and codeextinguisher.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thanks. Do we have any idea when ExpressionEngine 2 will be out? I think I read June/July. Is that still their target?

[eluser]jasonjohnson[/eluser]
I'm not sure how large scale you're looking for, but I'm one of the owners of Unmatched Style. After using WordPress forever, we're actively developing a CodeIgniter replacement specifically for performance and code management reasons.

We've used CodeIgniter for a few management & reporting systems for big-box retailers and haven't had any issue so far with performance.

[eluser]evanwalsh[/eluser]
I wrote Cloverfaust in CI.

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
[quote author="evanwalsh" date="1212722806"]I wrote Cloverfaust in CI.[/quote]
mate, you need to do cross-browser checking, its nice that safari likes it, however the forums page looks weird on firefox and ie.

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
BambooInvoice

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB