Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
uploaded files 'dissapear'

[eluser]vevmesteren[/eluser]
Good evening all,
I have an application running, allowing users to upload files to my servers. The upload class checks the file type, uploads the file performs some tasks on the file (resize, thumb generation) and then moves and stores the file to a predefined location. Once completed, a record of the inserted file is stored in the DB. The insert script will only run once

Code:
if (@move_uploaded_file($_FILES["Filedata"]["tmp_name"], $uploadFile))

is true. But now I find myself with several entries in my DB that are nowhere to be found on my server.

Could this have anything to do with dropped connections by apache2?

The current timeout is set to 300secs is an active upload considered active or not?

Really need some help here as I am stomped.

The site averages about 3000 users a day, each user spends about 3 minutes on my servers accessing between 5 and 20 MB of data. 10% of them choose to upload data themselves (unlimited files that in TOTAL can be no heavier then 100MBs). I gather this data out of googles analytics tracking and DB entries...

anyone else have this problem or some pointers? Just knowing wether that active for submission maybe can be reset by the server without the 'client' being told would be a good starting point...

thanks

V

[eluser]Latavish[/eluser]
Hmmm...why not use CI File Upload Class? Makes this whole process a snap!

we are not talking about a not functioning (CI) script. The script ran perfectly fine (upload and insert where in perfect harmony) for two weeks. With an average 2000 visitors. But the site is gaining popularity so I and average visits (and with that file submissions) are on the rise...but thanks anyway for your response

V

thought I close this post, the problem was not CI but the load balancer and Linux rsync...long story...the previous server admin is now fired and we are all happy. All is running smoothly. Up to 6000 users a day now. Yay!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB