Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Dreamweaver code coloring since 1.6.2 released

[eluser]maesk[/eluser]
[quote author="Ayu Kawa[a]" date="1221065107"]Hello, I'm now try to move everything at work to CI where they already have licence of Dreamweaver so they donĀ“t want to start using another editor but...
My buddys at work laugh and don't want to know anything of CI until I found a solution for the color coded.
[/quote]

<irony>
At work we have a broken keyboard that can't type the letter "e". They don't want to use another keyboard.
When we write documents in MS Office we have to write text without the letter "e".
My buddies at work laugh and don't want to know anything of MS Office until we find a solution for the missing letter.
</irony>

[eluser]NateL[/eluser]
[quote author="maesk" date="1221074538"]<irony>
At work we have a broken keyboard that can't type the letter "e". They don't want to use another keyboard.
When we write documents in MS Office we have to write text without the letter "e".
My buddies at work laugh and don't want to know anything of MS Office until we find a solution for the missing letter.
</irony>[/quote]

copy/paste :coolhmm:

[eluser]haydenchambers[/eluser]
[quote author="maesk" date="1221074538"]
<irony>
</irony>[/quote]

you don't need the letter e ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Void :-)

[eluser]gswallow[/eluser]
Is color coding source code that important? I really don't know how well color coding would have taken when I started programming. Using a legal pad and a box of colored pencils (instead of one number two pencil) would have been a real PITA. Code works the same if its in color or black-and-white anyway.

Now am CTO and have to fix the original developers source. Decided to use Dreamweaver 'cause I still had DWUD4. Oops had to upgrade to get past long file names and now have use DWCS4. Ooh ooh, color coding kicks in. I just turned off color saturation in the ol'CRT and read the source to know the pairs and if it works.

Three days later I have fixed what the original coder couldn't do right in more than 12 months. And, I haven't programmed in some 10 years. Never before worked with CI, but is easy enough to understand. Seems to me it's just another way to let someone that has no clue how to program into the game and 'act' like they know what they're doing. You should see the directory/folder structure I have to work with in fixing this mess.

Learn to code in black-and-white (always close your pairs) then color coding your source is moot anyway.

[eluser]jorgeguberte[/eluser]
Choosing an IDE is a hard thing for me. Usually i go with Dreamweaver, because i like exactly the color hinting. Yes, i've had the problem described, and had to close and open the file. Now i'm using CS4, but not for long enought to know if the bug still exists.
But now i feel i need a new IDE, and this "desire" started when i used Flex; the ActionScript hinting and auto-completion in the Flex Builder is much more powerful than in Flash itself, so i thought if there's a better IDE for AS, there might be a better one for PHP as well.
So, reading this thread i found out about Aptana; i'm downloading it. haha

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
So, at least try out Netbeans (free.) I've been using Zend Studio for years but hate that they went the Eclipse route (which is why I avoid Aptana too.) I was surprised at how good of a PHP editor they have cranked out when I took a look at it just a few months back. Couldn't be happier. Someone in the forum here put up some files that do autocomplete for Codeigniter here too. I am a poor typer (yeah that is a bad trait for a developer) and I can really crank stuff out.

Just for reference I now use:
Netbeans 6.7.1
MAMP (for apache, mysql, php stack)
Xdebug Helper addon for firefox

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="bretticus" date="1252919880"]
Just for reference I now use:
Netbeans 6.7.1
MAMP (for apache, mysql, php stack)
Xdebug Helper addon for firefox[/quote]

Another Netbeans advocate here. CodeIgniter codehinting/autocompletion is nice Smile
Netbeans 6.7.1
LAMP (for apache, mysql, php stack)
Xdebug and Xdebug Helper addon for firefox

[eluser]kiranugur[/eluser]
This is fixed within Dreamweaver CS5 Smile

http://webdesign.about.com/od/dreamweave...s4.htm#pd9

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB