Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Community Voice - Elliot Haughin

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
EllisLab is blessed with two of the greatest communities that can be found anywhere on the internet in ExpressionEngine and more recently CodeIgniter. Despite being a relative newcomer to the scene, the people attracted to CodeIgniter are among the smartest, most talented and down-to-earth developers around today. From time to time we want to highlight some of these talented people, and we've asked them to lend their voice to ours. Have your voice. I hope you enjoy what they have to say as much as I did.

This week, our Community Voice author is Elliot Haughin who discovered CodeIgniter in 2006 and instantly became a huge fan of its DRY-MVC-OO-MATYCSASA (More Acronyms Than You Can Shake A Stick At) - sleek, efficient, and (worryingly) sexy coding practices. He went on to produce a series of coding screencasts dedicated to exploring the power and simplicity of the CodeIgniter Framework. He loves peppercorn sauce, once trained for 3 years to become a ninja in the hope of being accepted into a nin-ternship (a very secret and dangerous ninja internship)‚ (It didn't work), and has never visited the north pole without a wooly hat.

What follows is a voice recording and transcript of Elliot's thoughts on what attracted him to CodeIgniter.

Read (and listen to) the full article

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
1996 eh?

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
He was a VERY early adopter Wink Fixed...

[eluser]Elliot Haughin[/eluser]
Yeah, I'm so glad I bought that dolorean on ebay!
Now to go back and invent facebook and build it in CI. Should speed it up a bit!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'm looking forward to getting to know the important names in the CI community, in prep for development with EE 2.0. Elliot, pleasure to meet you. :-)

[eluser]AJP[/eluser]
Been lurking on your threads and site for a while Elliot. Looking forward to more of the same. Maybe I'll say something back soon. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB