Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
modules in CI?

[eluser]Reynolds[/eluser]
it's been a long while, since I ask a question here at the forum Wink

when I came here at the forum, my question was to why would I use CI, and what are its pitfalls... still I end up using it... for a long while now Wink

Now, I happen to hit a project which will include multiple modules. I said "modules" as part of single-website (and same database), but independent to other modules (e.g. tables, and libraries, resources like images, js, and css).

I'm trying to find a way how to do just that with CI. However, I seem to not found it.... yet.

I would like one controller, on its own folder, along with a /view/ and /resources/ folders inside it.

For example.

I would like an "Inventory" Module;

/index.php
/system/
/modules/ <---- this is where I would like to put all modules

/modules/inventory/

/modules/inventory/views/

/modules/inventory/resources/
/modules/inventory/resources/images/
/modules/inventory/resources/js/
/modules/inventory/resources/css/
/modules/inventory/resources/includes/

the module(s) shares the same database, sessions, etc of the entire application. Also I would like to implement an autoloading of this modules. If a module is found within the /modules/ folder it will automatically load, and show it at the main workspace or dashboard as many calls it that way.

I looked at scaffolding, it seems similar to what I' thinking, coz it have its own and independent views, controller, and resources. But, before I destroy my copy of CI, I would really love to get the proper know-how for this.

Thanks Wink

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
I think the only thing you need for that is to go into the wiki and forum, and look for modular extension.

This is what it does.

good luck!

my GOD! thank you Sooo much, after a few tries on some modular extension, i found MatchBox, more in a very little effort.

http://code.google.com/p/matchbox/

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
When you have finished playing with Matchbox, take a look at Modular Extensions (see my signature) it has many additional features to help you work better with modules.

oh my GOSH!!!, now with matchbox, how do i use view and models?

controller (sample.php)
Code:
&lt;?php

class Sample extends Controller {

function Sample()
  {

}

function index()
  {
    $this->load->view('sample_view');
  }

}
?&gt;

view (sample_view.php)
Code:
&lt;html&gt;
&lt;head&gt;&lt;/head&gt;
&lt;body&gt;<h1>Hello, from module!</h1>&lt;/body&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;

when i load the module, this is what happened

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/sample.php

Line Number: 12

Fatal error: Call to a member function view() on a non-object in G:\codeigniter\glocorp-ci\application\default\modules\sample\controllers\sample.php on line 12

nevermind....

i changed to "Modular Extensions - HMVC" -- now im able to load views as well... now to test other resources...

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Good choice. Don't forget to initialize your controllers
Code:
&lt;?php

class Sample extends Controller {

function Sample()
  {
    parent::Controller();   //iniiialize the controller.
  }

function index()
  {
    $this->load->view('sample_view');
  }

}

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB