Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Web Frameworks Comparison Chart

[eluser]bennythemink[/eluser]
Hey guys,

Today I had to do a comparison of web frameworks for my place of work. I have done up a quick chart detailing some information on a number of frameworks, some are quite popular, some I didnt even know about until I did this. CI is of course in there.

Anyway, its not a "framework X is best" post but instead a look at the features of each. Please take a look and note that its not fully finished. So if you see any errors or want me to add anything please do say.

Web Framework Comparison Chart

Thanks.

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
Nice, Detailed but need a bit more explaining the Kahona came from CI and only a couple of features are pointed out. Other than that great work. Smile

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
CI doesn't come with ORM and it's also php 4 and 5

[eluser]bennythemink[/eluser]
[quote author="WackyWebs.net" date="1213301265"]Nice, Detailed but need a bit more explaining the Kahona came from CI and only a couple of features are pointed out. Other than that great work. Smile[/quote]

Thanks for the comments guys. In regards the Kohana/CI history I think I'll leave it as it is, no point in starting a flame war ;-)

more comments are welcome, this chart will be available to the web so the more errors corrected/ features highlighted in regards CI the better it will fare in the comparison.

Thanks.

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
It's a good start, but there is a lot to do in terms of detailing.

You can not just say "Not as fast as CI or Kohana." or "Very Fast". When I look at comparisons I would like to see hard facts before making a choice, otherwise I will consider the author just decided to push their own agenda. Not saying you are, but that how it comes across.

You also repeat a lot of what you have said already, example in the Akelos column

Code:
Cons :

*  Very new, small community & documentation.
* How fast is it? (PHP4)

Code:
Notes :

Very new, small docs & community could be a problem. Version 1.0 will be PHP 5 only.

I like the start and although my crtique may be a little harsh I would consider you to update and finish it.

[eluser]Alex.[/eluser]
Looks very nice, though CodeIgniter is one word Wink

EDIT: I stand corrected :p

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
[quote author="Alex." date="1213309592"]Looks very nice, though Codeigniter is one word Wink[/quote]

Yes, with a capital "I"

CodeIgniter

Get it right Wink

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
[quote author="Popcorn" date="1213307069"]It's a good start, but there is a lot to do in terms of detailing.

You can not just say "Not as fast as CI or Kohana." or "Very Fast". When I look at comparisons I would like to see hard facts before making a choice, otherwise I will consider the author just decided to push their own agenda. Not saying you are, but that how it comes across.

You also repeat a lot of what you have said already, example in the Akelos column

Code:
Cons :

* How fast is it? (PHP4)

Code:
Notes :

Very new, small docs & community could be a problem. Version 1.0 will be PHP 5 only.

I like the start and although my crtique may be a little harsh I would consider you to update and finish it.[/quote]

Actually, the earliest releases of Akelos from Berni were available on his personal site shortly after CI was released in 2006. Also some of the Akelos classes were released before th entire framework and at least one was used by Rick as the basis for one of the CI helpers.

[eluser]TheActionCombo[/eluser]
Interesting that you put Akelos and Kohana up there but not CakePHP or Zend Framework.

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
[quote author="esra" date="1213310978"][quote author="Popcorn" date="1213307069"]It's a good start, but there is a lot to do in terms of detailing.

Code:
Cons :

* How fast is it? (PHP4)

Code:
Notes :

I like the start and although my crtique may be a little harsh I would consider you to update and finish it.[/quote]

Actually, the earliest releases of Akelos from Berni were available on his personal site shortly after CI was released in 2006. Also some of the Akelos classes were released before th entire framework and at least one was used by Rick as the basis for one of the CI helpers.[/quote]

I re-read both posts 2 times and either im stupid or they are completely unrelated and the "answer" one is totally random.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB