Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session userdata disappearing after session updates

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

My session user data seems to be disappearing every time the session refreshes. My application has a login page that sets an is_logged_in variable in the session. All pages (and ajax pages) verify that the user is logged or redirects to the main page. When the session refreshes the is_logged_in variable is lost. Why is this? Note that the session is not expired, just refreshing.

Just in case it matter, this is occurring in safari.

thanks,
Jeff

[eluser]StevenW721[/eluser]
What are your other session preferences set to?

I think I'm getting a similar issue but it's only happening on a clients computer running IE6. I can't seem to replicate the issue from here even with IE6. Could it be anything to do with their network?

Here's our session preferences...
Code:
$config['sess_cookie_name']       = 'int_session';
$config['sess_expiration']        = 28800; //8 hours
$config['sess_encrypt_cookie']    = TRUE;
$config['sess_use_database']      = TRUE;
$config['sess_table_name']        = 'int_sessions';
$config['sess_match_ip']          = TRUE;
$config['sess_match_useragent']   = TRUE;
$config['sess_time_to_update']    = 300;

Originally we had the sess_time_to_update set to 30 and the sess_expiration set to 2 hours but after hearing they were having issues I reverted back to the default 300 for the update and bumped the expiration to 8 hours to see what that did. Still there's an issue with them losing the session data.

[eluser]Ricardo Rodrigues[/eluser]
My session userdata suddenlly started to disappear when switching controllers/views.

I moved to CI 1.7

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks

[eluser]Ty Bex[/eluser]
What authentication application are you using. I had the same problem when using FreakAuth. I just got fed up and I am writing my own authentication application

I'm not using any Authentication libray just my own control.

I have a Login form in which the control is made. If I made the view reload itself, I have all session userdata but if I redirect to main view, it looses it.

I'm 3 hours debuging this and found that is the DB check that is failing and making session to destroy. Why it fail....

I disable the reset in the Session library but the userdata is missing!

just for info: If I disable the use of the database by the session library, all is working...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB