Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Linkster First Release

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
It's been a little busy lately. We definitely want to keep doing it, but personal projects always end up with low priority.

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
[quote author="inparo" date="1224560159"]It's been a little busy lately. We definitely want to keep doing it, but personal projects always end up with low priority.[/quote]

I understand. That goes for me too on my personal projects. Still looking forward to this project's next release.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey just wanted to know how is this project going.

I downloaded the 1.0 version and installed on my test server and loved it, but I have a couple of questions.

Questions

1. Where can the user update the info on the About page? I poked at the admin for a bit but couldn't find that option.

2. Will there be a way to integrate the members of Linkster with those of Expression Engine?

Suggestions / Possible Features?
1. Parent / Child Categories
2. Link Image (automatic screenshot or uploadable button)
3. Recaptcha for registration and link submission
4. Dead Link Checker

PS: If you need somebody to translate Linkster into Spanish let me know.

[eluser]lenamtl[/eluser]
Hi,

Is there anybody that have done these modification yet?

Thanks

[eluser]mk3[/eluser]
It seems that this project is frozen @ the moment at least officially.

[eluser]lenamtl[/eluser]
Hi,

Yes, I know...

I want to create a business directory with Codeigniter.

The whish list of Kaori is similar to mine..
plus
Google map integration

I was just wondering if someone have reworked this code before I start my project.

I don't know if I will reuse linkster code or will start from scratch...

Regards,

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
i installed this code from SVN and ran into a few issues. these are pretty minor and i'm not sure there is any good fix to put in the code for all of them.

thought i'd document them here to help move this interesting project along.
----------------------------------------------
install/index.php capitalized INSTALL in path so DEFINE did not work : change to lowercase to match actual dir name

linkster is hard coded into install script as $db_name var so DROP fails : hard coded my own db name there

.htaccess didn't work with dreamhost set up : see CI forums how to add a ? to index.php?

white page and 'no input file specified' error (from mod_rewrite?) : PATH_INFO config setting changed to AUTO

default admin login didn't work : changed db table email address manually and clicked forgot password link

default admin had wrong email already in record : changed it by hand before sending password

had to set gzip compression to FALSE in config.php to avoid ob_start() buffer error (i like to use print_r to debug and the compression was messing it up)

-------------------------------
cheers, and thanks for a nice tour. this code offers an <strong>amazing learning experience</strong> - it is a model for well-organized codeigniter development. even if you don't intend to use this set up, you owe it to yourself to poke around the code - lots of good dev patterns in here.

[eluser]lenamtl[/eluser]
Thanks for the infos i will make some tests.

I decide to switch for EE for this project instead of using codeignitor.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello! Thanks for Linkster!
I am working now at the childrenet.com project. It used to be site catalog of children resources. At start I used your project Linkster, but encouraged, that it is not featured enough. Never the less, I've started with it, because I like to learn CodeIgniter. Your Linkster is good example for me. Later I maked some changes and enhanced it and now I think, may be we could unite our efforts to enhance the Linkster. Because I search a way to contact authors of project.
Sorry for mistakes in english, it is not my native language.

[eluser]lenamtl[/eluser]
I agree with you, we should enhanced it and unite our efforts.

Me I decided to take a look at ExpressionEngine http://expressionengine.com
I have tested the old and free version.
The new version is not free anymore and it is base on Codeigniter code.

I'm still learning PHP and Codeigniter and trying to enhance Linkster! this is a good project to start with.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB