Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why Scaffolding has been deprecated?

[eluser]EEssam[/eluser]
Hello,

Someone here said Scaffolding was deprecated. Is that true? If so, why it was deprecated?

I find it one of the most useful features of CI. :gulp:

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1212224313"]Yeah, its been formally deprecated. We're just not happy with the quality of it compared to the rest of CI.[/quote]

When you take a close look at it, you start to realize it's not all that useful at all. It doesn't do anything that phpMyAdmin can't do, and only really works on very simple queries. The moment you get any table relations it all hits the fan.

It still works for now though.

[eluser]AgentPhoenix[/eluser]
Does anyone know if this is going to be gone in the next version of CI or will it stick around for one more iteration?

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
It already survived 2 releases, and considering the fact that scripts were deprecated in 1.4.1 and is still alive and kicking, I'd say scaffolding will be available for quite some time (sadly).

[eluser]EEssam[/eluser]
Are there any alternatives? I hate PHPMyAdmin Sad

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
it would be cool, if codeextinguisher came as one of the available options for a custom download of ci (like the jquery or mootools download pages), select whatever components you need, like add codeextingusher as a module, already preinstalled and configured instead of scaffolding, its awesome and is really useful.

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
Basic scaffolding is nothing more than basic model manipulation.

If you worried about that being remove form the core, you can build a small module or a small applications with it, all the code is easy to access.

Scaffolding issue is more about security and not much possibility to extend it at the moment.

See ya around guys.

[eluser]adwin[/eluser]
ah so sad. I think scaffolding is great idea ... i can create a simple configuration apps fast n cheap. Sad

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB