Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
FPDF - Extending the Class

[eluser]ImageSmith[/eluser]
Hi Jonathon,
Thanks for that. I am actually using DOMPDF already (thanks Derek for putting the pi together) and love it.
Unfortunately the doc that I am trying to generate is a few pages in length and DOMPDF is doing a crash and burn - using up all available memory. I read somewhere in a post here that someone had a similar issue and DOMPDF was using 180M of memory (sheesh!).
I have used FPDF in the past and found it a tedious process for complex documents. Was hoping that someone may have figured a PDF implementation that doesn't max the memory and is possibly css friendly.

[eluser]Jonathon Hill[/eluser]
TCPDF does have a function for putting HTML in a PDF, but the HTML support is very, very basic and I have not tested CSS but support for that is probably nonexistent.

TCPDF is absolutely a pain to use. You have to spell everything out in detail. Generating tables and managing page overflow is tedious. Next time I need to generate a PDF, I'm going to use the R&OS;PDF library which looks very promising.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
anyone please help i'm using fpdf, what i need to do is generate pdf and save to my directory

please help

thanks in advance
alto

[eluser]ImageSmith[/eluser]
Hi Alto,
There are quite a few threads around the forum that provide examples of how to use FPDF.
Have you tried a search on FPDF?
Also there is a post in the news section that discusses this subject
http://codeigniter.com/news/codeigniter_community_voice_generating_pdf_files_using_codeigniter/

[eluser]enjoyfrancis[/eluser]
when I want a typical html to pdf, i'll go for dompdf.
But with having an output that should always have japanese characters, i'm with fpdf

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB