Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Screencast : Igniting CSS files

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
I just finished a quick screencast for beginners.

It shows:
- How to include CSS, images and Javascript files to your application
- How to remove index.php from url's with a .htaccess

I warn everybody that my english is bad (I am from Switzerland) and sometimes my words can be technically approximative due to a bad translation, but I think I am "understandable".

Get it here:
http://www.filepanda.com/file/stefy2w8w4i0/
After download, unzip it somewhere on your computer and launch the HTML file.

Enjoy!

[eluser]CheekyGeek[/eluser]
Thank you for the screencast. Your english is very good, so don't worry.

There were some funny "electronic" sounds throughout most of the screencast (at least for me) but it did not prevent me from getting the information. I'm not sure if I understood exactly what you were doing in the .htaccess part, but the beauty of screencasts is that I can go back over it until it gets through my head.

Thanks again and I look forward to more screencasts/tutorials in the future!

Thanks for the feedback. About electronic sounds, I assume it is an file encoding issue. What's strange is that I also have gaps viewing it with Firefox 3, but in IE7 the sound is perfect. I wait some more feedback, if more people say they also have the same issue I will try another encoding method.

Hmmm yes I view the screencast on different machines today and there is gaps all over the video...
I will take time to re-encode it and post it again, since then you can view the screencast with the "strange electronics sounds" :-)

[eluser]inverse.chi[/eluser]
Cheers for this! helped me out because I was jumping ahead and not reading the basic stuff about the config file and totally forgot to change the base_url - silly me.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB