Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
User authentication HOWTO

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to PHP and am having a great time with CodeIgniter making a database for a club I'm in.

Is there a howto, recommended procedure, or suggestions on how to enable security (authorisations, authentication etc) for a CodeIgniter application?

I would like something where I could create user accounts, users could login, then be given access depending on group membership. Or less preferably, but still acceptable, would be to have generic login accounts.

It would seem to be a fairly standard bit of functionality, so I'm hoping there's a suitable helper or something that will get me going.

Many thanks,

Greg

[eluser]MgM Web[/eluser]
Yeah, I would like to find a "best practice" regarding authentication.

[eluser]MCrittenden[/eluser]
There are quite a few authentication helpers that CI users have created.

The biggest and probably most widely used is FreakAuthLight (v. 1.1). It does pretty much everything you could ever ask of an authentication helper (i.e., registration, login, forgotten password, adminstration panel, etc.)

A few others include CL_Auth (my favorite..search the forums), ReduxAuth, Sentinel, SimpleLogin, etc. There is a wiki page with a lot of them, and tons of information can be found on all of them by searching the forums.

Hope that helps.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thanks very much for your help. I now know what to look at.

It's often daunting when looking for functionality like this, because I never now what is good or not.

Very much appreciated!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB