Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter URLs not working

[eluser]bikuta[/eluser]
[quote author="bramb79" date="1214418179"]Yeah, that should not have made a real difference (but worth trying).

So http://www.yoursite.com/hopechurch/obs/index.php does display your welcome controller, but http://www.yoursite.com/hopechurch/obs/i...hp/welcome does not display anything?
Or both are not displayed?
[/quote]
index.php works but index.php/welcome does not work

Quote:I am assuming the latter. Did you check file permissions on the folders/files? Did you try a .html file (maybe php is not allowed)? Did you check if there is a .htaccess (or apache config) that is not allowing any new subfolders?

I don't have an .htaccess file, and I have other sections of the site use subfolders just fine (not with CI though, just normal php/html pages)
Quote:Sorry for the amount of questions but I am puzzled here as well.

That's ok I'm abit puzzled too.

[eluser]bramb79[/eluser]
None of the other controllers are displayed? Or you did not create any other controller?

Did you make any adjustments to the config file? You already tried changing the URI PROTOCOL, right?

Still very much puzzled Sad

[eluser]Scriptor[/eluser]
Just to make sure, the 404 you're getting is CI's 404 page, right? (It looks nicer than the usual 404 and the error is displayed in a box.)
Try setting the $config['base_url'] in the config to http://www.yoursite.com/hopechurch/obs/
Also, check the default controller in routes.php, it's called $route['default_controller'], if you haven't changed anything it should be welcome.
If things are still going wrong, then simply try making your own controller with a test method.

[eluser]bikuta[/eluser]
The 404 page is NOT CI's 404 page.

I've already set the base_url to point to that.

The default controller is welcome

I tried creating another controller and I still get the non-CI 404 page.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. You mentioned using an older version of PHP/Apache, so exactly which versions are those?
Since the index.php seems to work, try adding some of your own PHP code to that file and see if it works, it most likely should, but it'll at least rule out anything too weird going on.

[eluser]bikuta[/eluser]
PHP Version 4.3.11
Apache 2.0.40

Yep I just added some code to the index.php and it works.

However index.php/welcome still doesn't work

I know you mentioned this before, but make absolutely sure there is no .htaccess either in hopechurg or in obs, if there is paste the contents of it here. If you don't have one at all then it means it was deleted, since I'm pretty sure CI comes with one. Make sure you can view hidden files.
I'm also assuming that the code you added to index.php doesn't work with index.php/welcome.

[eluser]bikuta[/eluser]
Checked again, there is none, in either hopechurch or obs

The only file under hopechurch is index.html (which is a normal html redirect page)

[eluser]BrandonDurham[/eluser]
Anyone figure this out? I'm having the same issue on an (mt) Dedicated-Virtual server.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB