Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.6.3 Maintenance and Security Release

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
[quote author="stensi" date="1215023343"]
Note: For those wanting to test in the older versions of IE, I've found Multiple IE a useful choice.[/quote]

I had troubles with it after i uninstalled IE beta8 so i'm using IETester now. Multiple browser versions in tabs. FF can't do that Smile

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Stensi, if you have anonymous users uploading binary files (such as pdfs) the best solution is to force a download on them. That way the browser never gets a chance to try and render it.

As for the test: without the is_image flag a cleaned version is returned - only with the flag will you ever get FALSE. If you run it without the flag, and display the result, the script should no longer execute. However, the process may corrupt pdfs even when they are clean, so a download is still your best bet.

[eluser]stensi[/eluser]
Awesome, thanks for the advice inparo. I realised after posting that the normal clean worked as you described and yep, it does indeed end up corrupting the file so as you say, a force download is the way to go.

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
[quote author="Bramme" date="1215005977"]is there a way of viewing what files exactly got changed from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3? I'm being lazy and don't feel like checking all config files that got overwritten by standard ones :p[/quote]

You don't overwrite config files unless instructed to in the point release notes.

http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...e_163.html

[eluser]James Spibey[/eluser]
Can I ask why this change was made?

Removed maxlength and size as automatically added attributes of form_input() in the form helper.

This is a breaking change for our website

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
[quote author="spib" date="1215555404"]Can I ask why this change was made?

Removed maxlength and size as automatically added attributes of form_input() in the form helper.

This is a breaking change for our website[/quote]

It just seemed wrong to force those attributes and their respective values on you. The solutions available to you are both trivial, however, you can either extend the form helper to include those by default, or do a project-wide find and replace to your form_input() usage to place those values there.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
maxlength and size are optional attributes of input, and I felt it inappropriate that CI force them on users, as its inconsistent with the way the rest of the CI helpers work.

As a quick workaround, you could extend the form helper if you wanted.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Hey! Is there an echo in here!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB