Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.6.3 Maintenance and Security Release

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
We are happy to release CodeIgniter version 1.6.3 today. Version 1.6.3 is primarily a maintenance release, with a variety of bug fixes and some refinement to existing features (with a few new ones tossed in for good measure!) Details of course can be found in the Change Log.

Continue reading...

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
i'm glad to see Ci make some progress again.

Thanks for your work all.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
You all rock at EllisLab! Thanks for the good work.

[eluser]phpwebdev[/eluser]
We glad to see new version

Thanks EllisLab

[eluser]andreagam[/eluser]
Thanks a lot Ellislab. Your effort is really appreciated.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Is it possible to show a real world use of the added get_post method? Personally i find the name a bit strange for the functionality. When i first saw it i thought it was to get the post global but that wouldn't make sense as you can do it using $_POST. If you design your app/site you know how the data is going to be send, or not?

I think adding marked up lines to the language class is pushing the mark up way too far into the core of an application. Wouldn't it be better to create a helper that depends on the language class for this sort of behavior?

In the user guide the use of a language file for the number helper isn't mentioned, but it's a yesterday change so i guess it didn't made it into the release.

I guess i'm the critical eye for this release Smile

A web application is a good example of where GET / POST functionality is nice and convenient. ExpressionEngine, for instance, has some methods that for abstraction can take information via both GET and POST, depending on where the request is coming from, and what it's used for.

Quote:I think adding marked up lines to the language class is pushing the mark up way too far into the core of an application. Wouldn’t it be better to create a helper that depends on the language class for this sort of behavior?

What specifically are you referring to, xwero? I don't recall adding any markup to the language variables.

Re: the number helper lang file, yep, D'Allard just added that yesterday in response to a user request from our Russian CI users, for whom those abbreviations differ.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
the markup i was referring to was the use of the second parameter of the line method that creates a label with a for attribute. I know it can be convenient but if i analyze my use of the line method creating labels isn't the lionspart.

If you create forms for about 48 hours solid, you'll start to think that that feature is sliced bread. :-D

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Are you saying you added the parameter because you got bored of writing label tags??? code a generator script for forms or form parts. I'm sorry but i think this is bad ground basing the addition of the code on.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB