Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Calendar and Sheduler, how to?

[eluser]fesweb[/eluser]
[quote author="Ben Luedtke" date="1223590118"]...I'm thinking of limiting recurring events to only one year...[/quote]

The easy answer to that part is to set an end date one year in the future using mktime and the start date.

[eluser]Ben Luedtke[/eluser]
Right. I can do that, but my question...is that the best practice? Do you think it's best to not accept recurring events with no end date?

[eluser]fesweb[/eluser]
The no end date thing has never come up with my particular needs, so I (thankfully) have never had to worry about it. Practically speaking, you can't really put an infinite number of instances into the db, so there would *have* to be another way to handle it.

One factor is the anticipated lifespan of the actual calendar you're building. The odds that your system will still be in use 10 years from now is fairly small, when you consider the rate of change in the available technology/services.

Also, you have to look at the actual data that you're working with. Are there actually things that repeat on a regular schedule without any managerial oversight for the next X years?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB