Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Helpful Tips!

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
I keep on seeing repeatedly asked questions around and about these forums, so I think we should put together a list of CI related FAQs of sorts. These should be related to the coding side of things.

Good Idea?

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
That's been the case for the year+ I've been on the sidelines. Unfortunately, the questions all too often stem from the "I didn't take time to read one of the greatest user guides on the planet" syndrome.

The FAQ should focus on the "what's between the lines" of the user guide. The more esoteric stuff. The stuff you have to read the code the figure out kind of answers. IMHO.

Randy

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
The people who didn't read the user guide are the perfect candidates for this ... they won't read an faq either. In fact, they don't know how to google, didn't see the search box, and have never heard of the wiki. Their problem consists of "it doesn't work", is posted in someone else's thread, and needs solving NOW. If they don't get an answer with a full code solution, the whole framework is condemned and they move on.

An faq is a great idea and I would be willing to help. Don't expect it to eliminate the copy-paste support though.

My first suggestion for the FAQ:
Assets - where to put them and how to load them

Cool. Yeah, It's a shame about people who don't listen... No worries.

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
So the logic goes then....isn't that what the wiki was put up for? A compendium of HowTo's and WhatFor's and community posted answers to FAQs? Shouldn't we just be collectivizionializing all the wizdom there?

[ Nice word huh? ]

Randy

Well, It's quite disorganised, and the people who post might see this post before they post stupid questions! Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB