Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
problem with postgres

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
hi!

first post an already about a problem, sorry :-)

i tried to experiment with codeigniter with a postgres database. as soon as i entered the database-config (/application/config/database.php) i got a blank screen with absolutely no output on any url i entered within the php application. there were no logs in apache error.log and in the logs dir in the framework-dir. i tried to set the loglevel to max but it didnt work. is there something wrong with the postgres driver? how can i debug such an error? my config is apache2 with modphp5 and the latest codeignitter framework.

[eluser]kea13[/eluser]
Hi mkdigital,

codeigniter tries to connect to your database via a tcp socket. Most linux distributions configure PostgreSQL in a way that it doesn't listen to the network socket - that might be one problem. Next up: even if PostgreSQL is started with the "-i" switch, you will have to configure pg_hba.conf (in the "data"-directory) to allow connections from your codeignited host (localhost i guess). For details on how to grant access for a specific user/ip to a database have a look in PostgreSQLs documentation

Hope this helps,
Greetings,
Roman

[Edited 20080701 15:37: removed typo in URL]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB