Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[Newbie] How to organize my administration ?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
You don't need to add parent::Controller(); to the index function. It goes in the constructor.
The constructor has the same name as the class or __construct in php5+ classes. The constructor is only needed if you want to add things to the constructor of the extended controller. For example
Code:
class Admin extends Controller
{
    function Admin()
    {
       parent::Controller();
       $this->load->helpers(array('url', 'form'));
    }

function index()
   {
      $this->load->view('admin/login_form_view');
   }
}

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Actually the constructor is required in PHP4 if you intend loading any other CI components. It initializes the parent Controller, which also extends CI_Loader and CI_Base.

In PHP5 it is not required so much because PHP will call the parent::__construct() method automatically, even if you don't.

[eluser]koskoz[/eluser]
Ok, thanks.
And what about the panel access ?

[eluser]koskoz[/eluser]
Ok guys, so here is the next problem :
my control panel and my form are in my Admin class.
So, the url is like that : http://myurl.com/admin

Now, how do I manage the modules like news ?
I have to do an other class for each module, but for the access when we are in the administration, and for the url ?

Thanks.

[eluser]neen[/eluser]
What I did is I added some authentication checks to a __construct() function in each of my controllers. I have a separate controller for each area of administration section. I'm using a session variable to store the page that they loaded.

If the user does not authenticate, I redirect them to a separate controller (/login) and the index of that controller is set to display the login form...once they are authenticated I then redirect them back to the page stored in the session variable I saved earlier.

[eluser]darknecromancer[/eluser]
i like this thread...

give me some help about the architecture.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB