Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using Ocular and Sparks together.

[eluser]geshan[/eluser]
I like the flexibility of Ocular templating library and the caching capability of Sparks but I don't assume they can be used together. If there was a library like Ocuparks (Ocular+Sparks) then that would have done the job. Anyways has any one used these two templting libraries together to render a same view if yes please tell me how is it done. Waiting for responses...

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Why would you want to use them together as they are two template libraries?

[eluser]geshan[/eluser]
Ocular is better in partial render but it does not have cache, I need to cache some elements of the page. So this is the need to use them together. I don't think ocular support caching till now. How can I do it? Or if there is a better templating system which is as flexible as ocular and support caching also please suggest me that.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Why not use a cache library if you only want sparks for the caching?

[eluser]geshan[/eluser]
Native CI cache is either on or off not usable for partial caching, ex if its a message block it can be cached but a block that displays user who has logged in can't be cached. So I need partial render and partial cache in same templating library.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
There are third party cache libraries that supports partial caching.

[eluser]geshan[/eluser]
Can you name some, but are they as easy to use as Sparks and do they support templating as well?

[eluser]geshan[/eluser]
Thanks I'll see into it and If I have a problem will reply here. I need full page and partial (block) cache support, which do you think is the best library for that???

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB