Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
  Forum Search Not Working
Posted by: El Forum - 11-22-2008, 03:59 AM - No Replies

[eluser]doehoe[/eluser]
Hi.

I really like the CodeIgniter community and these forums, but there is one big problem I have been experiencing ever since I joined...

There is something wrong with the search on these forums. 90% of the time when I try search for something I get sent to the advanced search page, and if I try to search for it from there, I get sent straight back to the same page.
I thought maybe this had to do with my searching for a term which returned no results, but I searched for the same term twice in a row (the term I used was "forum"). The first time the relevant results were listed (luckily this was 10% of the time when it works), but the second time I got the same problem described above.
This happens both in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Please can you let me know what the cause of this is, as I understand that it is proper etiquette to search through forums (for an answer) before asking a question.

Thanks Smile

validation error message
Posted by: El Forum - 11-22-2008, 01:58 AM - Replies (1)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
i want to display different error message for different kind of validation in a single textbox.
normal validation error display is showing predefined error message which i want to override.

How can I upload chm files in windows?
Posted by: El Forum - 11-22-2008, 12:51 AM - No Replies

[eluser]sexy22[/eluser]

in application/config/mimes.php

how to make over?

thanks!

Why use CI Sessions
Posted by: El Forum - 11-21-2008, 09:17 PM - Replies (4)

[eluser]jtingato[/eluser]
I had posted a sessions question a while back and thank you for your answers, but I do have a few more.

What are the benefits of using CI sessions? It appears to me that one benefit is more control of the life of each session. Also, I do like not having to session_start on every page.

But the CI session info is stored in cookies / client side.

Isn't that more prone to errors and security issues?

Plus, if cookies are disabled at the user's browser, then what? I don't believe browsers can disable PHP sessions, true?

I am sure there are benefits to CI's version and perhaps I'm not experienced enough to see them. Isn't that why you're here? :lol:

John

POST array missing submit button
Posted by: El Forum - 11-21-2008, 08:34 PM - Replies (1)

[eluser]jtingato[/eluser]
Very weird.

My form has two submit buttons, "order" and "save" plus 12 combo boxes. Upon submition, I need to know which button was chosen. I have redirected the forms action to a simple php page with print_r($_POST), so I can see what is in the array. Everything is listed except the submit buttons.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? I briefly looked thru the Input class to see if anything stood out. In Input class, var xxs_clean=FALSE. I was thinking CI was somehow clensing the POST.

Also, jQuery.js is installed on this site. I know that's not relative to this forum, but when I comment out the reference to the JS file, the submit button show up in print_r().

Any help would be appreciated, even if you just tell me its not CI... go to a jQuery forum.

Thanks in advance.

Below I have included the first few items of the form

Code:
<!-- Start Button Box -->

<div class="buttonBox">

&lt;input name="save" type="submit" id="save" accesskey="s" value="Save" class = "required" /&gt;
                                •
                                &lt;input name="order" type="submit" id="order" accesskey="o" value="Order" class = "required" /&gt;
                                •
                                &lt;input name="reset" type="button" id="reset" accesskey="r" value="Reset"&gt;

</div>

&lt;!-- End Button Box --&gt;

&lt;!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------&gt;                            

&lt;!-- Start Details Box --&gt;

<div id="details">                        

&lt;!-- Start Base Box --&gt;

<div id="baseBox">                            

&lt;!-- Start Base Combo --&gt;

<div id="baseCombo">

<label for="base">Base</label>

<select name="base" id="base" class="required main">

<option value="none" selected>-- Select a Base --</option>

&lt;?=$baseOptions?&gt;

</select>

</div>

&lt;!-- End Base Combo --&gt;

&lt;!-- Start Base Options --&gt;

<div id="baseOptions" class="options">

&lt;!-- Start Base Color Combo --&gt;

<div id="baseColorCombo">

<label for="baseColor" class="sub">Color</label>

<select name="baseColor" id="baseColor" class="required">

<option value="none">Choose a Base</option>

</select>

</div>

&lt;!-- End Base Color Combo --&gt;

CodeIgniter "cant be found" on server
Posted by: El Forum - 11-21-2008, 07:07 PM - Replies (3)

[eluser]Fabdrol[/eluser]
Hi All,

I've got this very unusual problem. I uploaded my latest project to my clients web hosting, using Coda. (Coda is a great OS X web dev IDE) Problem with Coda is, it doesn't fix permissions for the web, so the files get uploaded without permissons at all. It resulted in Safari not loading the CSS and javascript files.

So, I fixed it by uploading the scripts and stylesheets using Cyberduck, a ftp client for mac. Now, the JS and CSS files workt. But, now just the index.php page workt! when I follow a link, and the address changes from http://www.stefanieklein.nl/ to http://wwww.stefanieklein.nl/index.php/w...e40424bb1e (or similar) it didn't work.

so, I figured there would be something wrong with the permissions of some files, so I deleted all files on the remote server and uploaded all files using Cyberduck.. but now, non of my pages can be found! I think it has something to do with the host, but I can't find anything of how this should be done!

here's the uri: www.stefanieklein.nl

thanks in advance,

Fabian

Scale an image (math question rather than coding really)!
Posted by: El Forum - 11-21-2008, 07:00 PM - Replies (1)

[eluser]bapobap[/eluser]
Hi everyone.

I have a bit of a math type question, rather than a code question.

I'd like to scale an image so that it retains its aspect ratio but is at least big enough to allow a crop of certain dimensions.

Take this for instance. Say I wanted an image to be 720x480. My source image is something crazy like 2383x1643. I want to scale the image down, retaining its aspect ratio but keep it at a size so either one of the dimensions doesn't fall below my target dimensions. For instance if I just scaled it straight off, maintaining the aspect ratio, one of the dimensions might fall below my required dimensions, meaning I have a source image smaller than my minimums in one of the dimensions.

I don't really need the code to do this, I understand how CI's Image Lib handles crop and scale, I think this is a bit different and is more of a formula?

The aim is to take an image, of any crazy dimensions, scale it down to a set of target dimensions, getting as close as I can yet not falling below my minimums. I can then present a user with a JQuery plugin that will allow them to select a crop area to use, I can then use the CI Image Lib's to do the work.

I hope this makes sense?! Probably not, late night and I'm terrible at maths.

Thanks if anyone can help!

Output loop to string
Posted by: El Forum - 11-21-2008, 05:49 PM - Replies (3)

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
Ok guys,

this is probably a silly question, but I just can't see it (it's late and I had a bit of alcohol ;-) ).

I'm making a private messaging system and this part is where the new message is being inserted. See the loop below: $recipients is an array that holds the id's of the multiple receivers. What I want to do is take the array, query the db for the corresponding username, create a variable of the usernames and insert that together with the new message. The variable is just a simple string, example: 'jason, perry, luke, antoine'.

How do I write the loop to the variable?? Help is greatly appreciated!

Code:
foreach ($recipients as $recipient)
{
    $this->db->select('user_name');
    $this->db->where('user_id', $recipient);
    $query = $this->db->get('users');
    $user = $query->result_array();

$str = $user[0]['user_name'] .', '; // this is obviously not the way to do it
}

Will escaping in active record selects in 1.7 be addressed??
Posted by: El Forum - 11-21-2008, 04:57 PM - Replies (1)

[eluser]jleequeen[/eluser]
I'm just wondering if there is a plan to fix escaping issues that a lot of us have had with moving to 1.7. I realize you can use the false parameter to disable escaping, but is this going to be the method from now on? Or does anyone know if there are plans to fix these problems before the next release? This has been a very frustrating issue and I have had to downgrade because of it.

Anyone know?

Little help on Join if you have a moment?
Posted by: El Forum - 11-21-2008, 03:51 PM - Replies (21)

[eluser]internut[/eluser]
Hey All,

This is what I'm trying to do with two tables:

* User Table (named: users:

[id] [username] [other fields]

* Group Expiration Table: (named: groups_exp)

[id] [user_id] [group_id]

What I'm trying to do is list all users from the users table that have a matching record number ($var) in table "groups_exp", field name "group_id".

Is join the proper way to go about it?

I started off with:

Code:
$this->db->where('status',"$user_status");
$this->db->order_by("$sort", "$direction");
$this->db->limit($config[per_page],$start);
$data['query'] = $this->db->get('users');

Which grabs me everything I need. Just not sure how to join the "groups_exp"
table and grab the group_id records only that match the group_id number (held in $var).

I have been messing around with the join codes but it was not getting me anywhere so I did not want to post it.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

Latest Threads
Is it possible to go back...
by ejimenezo
Less than 1 minute ago
Error / Shield 1.0.3 + Ci...
by kcs
4 hours ago
SQL server connection not...
by davis.lasis
4 hours ago