Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
  Scraping sites for more info (on the fly)
Posted by: El Forum - 11-08-2008, 03:05 PM - Replies (3)

[eluser]taewoo[/eluser]
Hi everyone.
I'm looking for ways to scrape sites for relevant info when someone edits his/her profile. I know there's the simple HTML DOM parser but the learning curve on the syntax is pretty high. Other than regular expression, is there another way that you guys use?

Image Lib issue/bug?
Posted by: El Forum - 11-08-2008, 02:01 PM - Replies (3)

[eluser]jkevinburton[/eluser]
I am having an issue with the Image Lib... i have a picture that is originally: 1200x1600 and I need to resize to 600 wide... which all works great.. except.. it keeps rotating my image! here is my code: http://pastebin.ca/1248950

this occurs only when the width is smaller than the height.
thoughts?
this is gonna hinder my project unless figured out right away.. i have a client waiting for this within 24 hours.

Read this if having problems with Form_Valdation after Upgrading.
Posted by: El Forum - 11-08-2008, 12:47 PM - Replies (2)

[eluser]simshaun[/eluser]
I performed an upgrade from 2.6.3 to 2.7 (followed the Upgrade instructions.)

Then, I followed the tutorial in the User Guide for Form_Validation.. (copied/pasted code word for word.)

When I tried to pull up the form, I would get "Undefined function validation_errors()", or "Undefined function form_error()", or "Undefined function set_value()"...

After about pulling my hair out, I re-downloaded the CI2.7 zip file, extracted EVERYTHING except the application folder, overwriting everything, and now it works.

Hope this helps someone else that may have this problem.

Accessing a library's function through URL
Posted by: El Forum - 11-08-2008, 12:17 PM - Replies (2)

[eluser]KeyStroke[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm creating a library that performs some AJAX-based operations. Part of the library needs to be accessed through URLs (when users are sending requests using Javascripts from pages for example). Is accessing a library function via a URL possible? if not, how would you deal with this issue?

Appreciate your help

How to perform advanced searches on db
Posted by: El Forum - 11-08-2008, 11:54 AM - Replies (2)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello everybody!

I'm currently developing an application using CI but I'm stuck writing a decent internal searche engine.
My main problem is that I can't use mix urls with CI, and so I have no idea of what would be the right path to follow.
My goal would be to perform fulltext searches on the db via a simple form with one input field, or more complex searches via a form with multiple params.

Can someone please help me?

I searched the entire forum but it seems anyone talks about this problem.

Character Enconding + Mysql issues
Posted by: El Forum - 11-08-2008, 06:51 AM - Replies (7)

[eluser]Khamusa[/eluser]
Hi all,

i've been programming with PHP for a long, but I have never used any framework. I have now tried CodeIgniter, but i'm facing some issues along the development of very simple mysql tasks.

I need to save some textual information into my mysql table, but with support for latin characters, like "á", "é", and so on... What happens is that when I save these characters into mysql (using $this->db->insert('tablename', $data); in my controller) it saves the info in mysql with question marks (?) replacing these "latin special characters".

So, i try to save, for example, the text "Codeigniter é ótimo" (wich means "Codeigniter is Good") but it saves as "Codeigniter ? ?timo", got it? It's not an issue of different character-encoding on each view, but instead, the insert function SAVES INTO THE MYSQL TABLE already with all the question marks. I made a test, to see when this replacement takes place, and it is surely at the moment of the insert statement, since a simple echo function placed before the insert line displayed the correct information, without the questionmarks, and the phpmyadmin interface displays the ? when I try to view the saved information.

Ah, we have another problem. I am developing this to a client that already has a website wich is completely coded as iso-8859-1, so I can't change anything to utf-8 (although I would really like to). So I have to make it work using iso-8859-1 everywhere (I already changed config.php's default charset to iso-8859-1, and tried using $this->output->set_header("charset:iso-8859-1") before loading each view)

Can anyone help me?
I really hate encoding issues, from the first day I started programming, rs rs rs

cheers
Samuel Brandão

reCAPTCHA 2
Posted by: El Forum - 11-08-2008, 06:12 AM - Replies (10)

[eluser]Blazeme[/eluser]
Hello everyone!
This code is originally is written by: vendiddy (Topic) but, it's using old validation class.
This one is packed and it uses new version of validation class.

Important! You must have account on reCAPTCHA.NET to get public and private keys. Without keys, this addon won't work!!

Pack is here, it contains ReadMe and code.

Hope you'll like this one.
Please report bugs and etc here.
Thanks.

Edit:
You can also download this addon from Wiki .

Free PHP Encription Software
Posted by: El Forum - 11-08-2008, 04:48 AM - Replies (2)

[eluser]Shahgeb[/eluser]
I need help. I want to encript my site using php encrption software. Anybody can guide me which is best encription software.?
I have already used POBS PHP encription software but after successful encription. Site is not ready to run successfully.

I have lots of errors in my controller...
Posted by: El Forum - 11-08-2008, 02:33 AM - Replies (4)

[eluser]Udi[/eluser]
Hi.

I have some controller named User,

When I'm running the login() method (wwww.example.com/user/login/)
I get these strange errors:

Quote:Call to a member function isLogged() on a non-object in .... user.php on line 96
Code:
if($this->major->isLogged())

when I comment out this line I get more and more [one after another] errors like this but of other models and libraries..

I upgraded to 1.7, but this problem started even before the upgrade.

Database error after upgrading to CI 1.7
Posted by: El Forum - 11-07-2008, 10:35 PM - Replies (4)

[eluser]KeyStroke[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm having a problem here after upgrading CodeIgniter from 1.6.3 to 1.7.0 . The application doesn't detect my databases anymore. I keep getting this error:

Quote:A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1146

Table 'database1.user' doesn't exist

What could be wrong? I've followed the instructions carefully, and all my database settings are correct.

Your help is much appreciated.

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

Latest Threads
VIRUS reported after Chro...
by InsiteFX
1 hour ago
Codeigniter4 version 4.5....
by kenjis
9 hours ago
SQL server connection not...
by kenjis
9 hours ago