Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,848
» Latest member: tom_k
» Forum threads: 68,193
» Forum posts: 425,619

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
need the number of second...
Forum: General Help
19 minutes ago
» Replies: 7   » Views: 75
MailerPHP
Forum: Lounge
1 hour ago
» Replies: 4   » Views: 117
CodeIgniter4-standard
Forum: News & Discussion
3 hours ago
» Replies: 12   » Views: 25,533
CodeIgniter programmers/c...
Forum: CodeIgniter 4 Discussion
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1   » Views: 57
GET function does not wor...
8 hours ago
» Replies: 2   » Views: 44
Link from admin dashboard...
Yesterday, 12:02 PM
» Replies: 4   » Views: 94
PHP, Good Reads and more....
Yesterday, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 6   » Views: 658
running CI/PHP app on LAM...
Yesterday, 07:15 AM
» Replies: 10   » Views: 231
Is it better to use Table...
Forum: Best Practices
Yesterday, 01:36 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 89
CodeIgniter 3.1.9 release...
Forum: News & Discussion
Yesterday, 01:36 AM
» Replies: 41   » Views: 24,633

DB SESSIONS weirdness
Posted by: El Forum - 09-12-2007, 08:54 PM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (13)

[eluser]ouzodestructo[/eluser]
Hello.
I have set up DB Sessions on my site as per the Wiki says and it worked really well in development. Now that i've switched it to the live servers its displaying some strange behaviour.

Say I log in and set a value for logged in associated with the cookie. When I follow links to pages i've already visited the pages display as though i'm not logged in. Then I need to hit the refresh button in my browser and the page displays as it should. Then if I log off and destroy the session, then return to one of those pages, it still displays the user info as though the cookie was still there, but its not.

I noticed that as well as the cookie i want to be there, there is another one called .ASPXANONYMOUS

How is that getting there? Its definitely keeping me in a frantic state!

Why session do not !!!
Posted by: El Forum - 09-12-2007, 07:14 PM - Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers - Replies (2)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi !!!

- code Structure is following:
---> Master page: main.php (extends Controller)
---> Controllers: controllers/[folder_name]/[controller_name].php (extends Controller)

---> Note: [...]: can be change

- Idea for these do !!!: all request from client will be access directly to Master page (main.php). Master page will be choice controller and method of it (I write MLoader.php class for load controllers).

- Problem: inside Master page i can call $this->session->userdata('session_name');. It do well. But i can not call $this->session->userdata('session_name'); insite Controllers.

Error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function set_userdata() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\revnicts\system\admin\controllers\account\account.php on line 17

This is account controller code:
<?php
class Account extends Controller {

--------function Account() {
----------------parent::Controller();
--------}

--------function index() {
----------------return '';
--------}

--------function login() {
----------------$session_data = array( 'admin_id' => 1,
----------------------------------------'logged_in' => TRUE
----------------------------------------);

----------------$this->session->set_userdata($session_data);

----------------return 'login box';
--------}
}
?>

Please tell me the way fix this problem

Thanks,

CodeIgniter URLs
Posted by: El Forum - 09-12-2007, 06:44 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (3)

[eluser]Kurtis[/eluser]
I have read the userguide, and follow the insctructions, but thing just deoesn't seem to work.
I have the following .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]

and in the config file:
$config['index_page'] = "";

but on my page, when I click on login I have this error:
The requested URL /index.php/login was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

URI Segments
Posted by: El Forum - 09-12-2007, 06:27 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (2)

[eluser]LifeSteala[/eluser]
Hi, OK I have these "areas" which are the controllers and I have "sub areas" for each "area". This is my URL:

http://www.url.com/addrecord

Theres no default parameter so it set's it as 1.. effectively being, http://www.url.com/addrecord/1

the index() would use the 1 and pull out data.

If i click on my 2nd "sub-area" which should be http://www.url.com/addrecord/2, i get page cannot be found. because it is looking for 2() function. I want everything in index() where it uses the 2nd segment as a parameter.. Can anyone help?

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry I figured it out. You may delete this post.

Anyone used phpGACL with CodeIgniter?
Posted by: El Forum - 09-12-2007, 05:26 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (1)

[eluser]bradym[/eluser]
For a project I'm working on I need more fine-grained access control than is available in the ACL libraries I've seen for CodeIgniter. More specifically, I need the ability to allow or deny individual users or user groups access to pages on the site.

I'm considering creating a CI library to incorporate phpGACL as it seems to be the best fit for what I need. Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions? Is there a library out there that will do this that I just missed?

TIA for any help!

Brady

Newbie question : How to specify relationship between tables ?
Posted by: El Forum - 09-12-2007, 03:12 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (3)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello,

Sorry to ask a so stupid question but ... :-)
I have to tables :
id
country_name

Wine :
id
wine_name
country

I want to have a drop down list when i add a new wine in my database with all the countries.

Can someone help me ?
Thanks.

Dominique.

Routing for ALL urls
Posted by: El Forum - 09-12-2007, 02:11 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (4)

[eluser]@li[/eluser]
Hi,

I want to give my app's admin the ability to add new pages to their site, and also to provide a file-name for the page. For example they would:

1) Click 'Create new Page'
2) Type in the HTML code/content that the page would display.
3) Type in 'sign-up.html' or 'signup.php' in the file-name field. This would make the URL to the new page be: http:/www.site.com/signup.html or http://www.site.com/signup.php

Obviously since signup.html wouldn't actually exist, I want the request to be routed to pages/[file-name]. I was thinking of just adding this route:

Code:
$routes[':any/']='pages';

But obviously, it would send ALL requests to the pages controller, while I only want those requests to be routed for which an appropriate controller cannot be found. I.E if a controller and method can be found for the URL, then they should be called normally, otherwise the pages/ controller should be called.

Is there anyway to do this?

A routing question
Posted by: El Forum - 09-12-2007, 02:01 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (2)

[eluser]phester[/eluser]
So here's a scenario: You have a photo gallery application. You would like to have the URIs setup such that users can access their galleries using their nickname (assume it is unique) directly using a link that looks like:

Code:
http://www.blah.com/NICKNAME/controller/method

The easiest way I can think of to do this (and the most obvious) is to set up a route for this in "application/config/routes.php"

However, this means that every time a user signs up, this route will have to be manually created - not a good idea of course.

Anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this?! THANKS!

Empty Post Variables
Posted by: El Forum - 09-12-2007, 12:53 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (8)

[eluser]herbageonion[/eluser]
Hi, I'm getting empty post variables when I use:

Code:
$this->input->post('variable')
and I haven't a clue why, has anyone else come across this before?

Cheers,
- E

Routing in 1.5.4 breaks my apps
Posted by: El Forum - 09-12-2007, 11:39 AM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (4)

[eluser]Michael Ekoka[/eluser]
I just updated my copy of CI from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 and the routing breaks my application with the following error:

The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.

I replaced the current Router.php file with my old one and it works. Could anyone tell me what was changed in the two files?

Thanks.

Mike

Theme © 2014 iAndrew