Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 12,968
» Latest member: Jagdeep Singh
» Forum threads: 69,035
» Forum posts: 429,686

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
the model does not connec...
Forum: Model-View-Controller
45 minutes ago
» Replies: 1   » Views: 34
session lock problem
Forum: Libraries & Helpers
1 hour ago
» Replies: 14   » Views: 472
Parse error: syntax error...
Forum: General Help
1 hour ago
» Replies: 2   » Views: 30
Invisible Recaptcha
Forum: Addins
2 hours ago
» Replies: 2   » Views: 93
Query Builder: regex erro...
Forum: Issues
2 hours ago
» Replies: 5   » Views: 92
Codeigniter - Philippines
Forum: Regional User Groups
9 hours ago
» Replies: 62   » Views: 36,056
How often do you use the ...
Forum: News & Discussion
9 hours ago
» Replies: 21   » Views: 1,967
array array_sum get error...
Forum: General Help
Yesterday, 10:52 AM
» Replies: 5   » Views: 112
Codeigniter - UK
Forum: Regional User Groups
02-16-2019, 07:39 PM
» Replies: 6   » Views: 564
Where if
Forum: Model-View-Controller
02-16-2019, 07:34 PM
» Replies: 2   » Views: 82

CI User Guide going to get User Conttributed Notes like EE?
Posted by: El Forum - 07-06-2007, 02:34 PM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (1)

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
Just saw this little tidbit about user contributed notes for the user guide over on the EE site.
Would dearly love to see that in CI... wouldn't you?

Confusion - routing related
Posted by: El Forum - 07-06-2007, 01:10 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (2)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Maybe I'm missing something simple, but I'm having a problem and was hoping someone could help.

A general description of the problem
I'm getting CodeIgniter's 404 error page no matter what

On closer inspection

My "logs" directory contains a file that says:

Quote:DEBUG - 2007-07-06 11:00:25 --> Config Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2007-07-06 11:00:25 --> Hooks Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2007-07-06 11:00:25 --> No URI present. Default controller set.
DEBUG - 2007-07-06 11:00:25 --> Router Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2007-07-06 11:00:25 --> Output Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2007-07-06 11:00:25 --> Input Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2007-07-06 11:00:25 --> Global POST and COOKIE data sanitized
DEBUG - 2007-07-06 11:00:25 --> URI Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2007-07-06 11:00:25 --> Language Class Initialized
ERROR - 2007-07-06 11:00:25 --> 404 Page Not Found -->

This happens whether I go to the default directory (mapping to index), to the default controller set up in routs or to any "directory" representing a valid controller or not.

The only non-standard things are that I have hooks (filters) enabled and my .htaccess file isn't as described in the documentation (I get a server config problem if I do it just as the docs say). It is set up:

Code:
Options FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?$1 [L]

But for CI to be using the CI 404, it has to be working.

Any tips?

Hmm.. odd question about /class/function
Posted by: El Forum - 07-06-2007, 12:29 PM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (2)

[eluser]SlasherX[/eluser]
Ok, I need a hand here from someone a bit more able with the internals of CI then I am.

The issue is a site I am working on has categories stored in a table. Getting those categories to show up in the navigation is easy, but I would like to link to the categories like this:

http://www.examples.com/category/video

Now normally just tossing a video function into the controller would handle the issue, but because the categories could be ANYTHING and are dynamic..

Any one have an idea of a simple way to make a call to the category controller always call ONE function so that I can pull out the segment 2 and use that?

TIA

Generating Thumbnails from PDF's
Posted by: El Forum - 07-06-2007, 11:25 AM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (13)

[eluser]ignite[/eluser]
I'm looking to code my first CI app to handle documents that have been published in PDF format. They need to be easily viewable so I'd like to have thumbnails (.jpg files) for easy scanning and selecting the desired PDF. What I'd like to do is upload a directory individual PDF's or one multipage PDF and have it the app process them/it to generate the thumbnails in .jpg format for quick viewing. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to accomplish this within CI? All ideas welcome.

email class error
Posted by: El Forum - 07-06-2007, 09:12 AM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (1)

[eluser]emperius[/eluser]
I tried to use email library. It works great, but I have one problem. When I try to send some russian text in my email message I get some invalid characters.

I tried to use utf-8 and cp1251 and also windows-1251 encoding but nothing changed.

Code:
$this->load->library('email');
$config['charset'] = 'windows-1251';
$this->email->from('[email protected]');
$this->email->to('[email protected]');
$this->email->reply_to('[email protected]');
$this->email->subject('test message');
$this->email->message('тест сообщения');
$this->email->send();

Please tell me may be I'm doing something wrong?

Pagination fails with few records - Bug?
Posted by: El Forum - 07-06-2007, 08:06 AM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (1)

[eluser]woracal[/eluser]
Pagination seems to fail with a smaller resultset. If the num. of records are around 20 the <First Last> links don't show. Is this a known bug? Appreciate some help.... i really need to get this thing fixed..

CI and a very standard website
Posted by: El Forum - 07-06-2007, 06:23 AM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (9)

[eluser]Ericks[/eluser]
Hey guys,

I'm considering CI for a corporate website. I've been looking at a lot of examples and tutorials and it looks very promising. However there is one thing that I do not understand.

As you know, CI 'links' paths in the URL to functions in classes (products/car links to the class product function car). This makes sense but what would I do if I have like tens of pages that all just have information on them and for the rest look the same? Ideally I would like to link the path in the URL to some tree-based organisation in the database, so 'products/car' would link to a page called 'car' that is a child of the page 'product' in the database (I am going to need a backend that is organized like this).

I saw the URL routing method, and I suppose that would work but is that the way to go? Becuase that would mean 1 controller and changing the 'template' (the view) would be less trivial.

Basically: Considering this case, what controllers and views would you guys create?

Thanks!

GoPHP5
Posted by: El Forum - 07-06-2007, 01:39 AM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (26)

[eluser]ScottR[/eluser]
I know this has been said time and time again - but I thought I would dig up this argument once more after I saw this newly launched website:

http://gophp5.org

Code Igniter needs to dump PHP4 support totally. It just pains me to see all the overhead and code hacks in place needed to maintain this compatibility. With many other frameworks and code bases pledging PHP 5.2 only versions in the next year, it is time CI made the same step.

Now I know you will say what about all the PHP 4 users, whose hosts don't support PHP 5. Well if they start losing customers because they don't support it, I can guarantee that will quickly change, but this won't happen as long as frameworks such as CI continue to allow its use.

CI coder wanted for freelance work
Posted by: El Forum - 07-06-2007, 01:33 AM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - No Replies

[eluser]nerdburn[/eluser]
i'm a designer who was introduced to CI by a friend when i mentioned i'd like to learn to write my own basic web apps. i love it so far, especially how it encourages MVC. unfortunately, i have a number of coding jobs to get done which will take me much too long to learn to code myself, so i'm in need of a programmer to work with.

since i'm fond CI, and it seems to encourage an organized approach, i'd like to work with an enthusiastic CI programmer for my future freelance projects. if anyone is interested, please send me an email:

shawn (at) nerdburn.com

i have enough work to keep somebody busy and paid for a couple of months, and more will come i'm sure Smile

The requested URL /authd.html was not found on this server
Posted by: El Forum - 07-05-2007, 11:34 PM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (3)

[eluser]ekosuara[/eluser]
Hi,
I had installed CI in subfolder root,but i have some problem :
The requested URL /authd.html was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.52 (Win32) PHP/5.0.3 Server at dev.distro.sunmoonstars.web.id Port 80

my htaccess file is
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]
</IfModule>

mod_rewrite.c is enable,and windows directory has unchecked for read only, how should i do?

Theme © 2014 iAndrew