Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 14,305
» Latest member: tombills
» Forum threads: 69,927
» Forum posts: 359,821

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Access-Control-Allow-Orig...
Forum: CodeIgniter 4 Support
27 minutes ago
» Replies: 2   » Views: 77
Routes- Today i died
Forum: Installation & Setup
3 hours ago
» Replies: 6   » Views: 199
CodeIgniter appears to ha...
Forum: General Help
5 hours ago
» Replies: 3   » Views: 191
Function and DB questions
5 hours ago
» Replies: 3   » Views: 131
Pass values to external c...
6 hours ago
» Replies: 0   » Views: 30
Best way to use db table ...
11 hours ago
» Replies: 1   » Views: 114
Codeigniter 4 Modules not...
Yesterday, 04:17 PM
» Replies: 0   » Views: 81
Removing index.php not wo...
Yesterday, 04:15 PM
» Replies: 3   » Views: 101
Get today's posts
Yesterday, 02:58 PM
» Replies: 10   » Views: 214
Auto refresh data through...
Yesterday, 02:57 PM
» Replies: 3   » Views: 77

Session (ci, native, db, what ?)
Posted by: El Forum - 07-12-2007, 08:22 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (4)

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
Hi,

This thread will maybe help some newbie like me Smile

Lately i take time to read barely 90% of the documentation, UserGuide, Wiki etc.

This will apear weird but something keep being "mysterious" to me.

SESSION.

Quote:PHPSession:
PHPSession utilizes PHP’s native session capabilities. PHPSession is loaded and used as a separate library, rather than replacing CodeIgniter’s Session class. It offers ‘flash’ session variables, and offers its own (very simple) api.

Native Session:
Native Session utilizes PHP’s native session capabilities. Unlike PHPSession, Native Session offers the same methods as CodeIgniter’s Session class, and is designed as a drop-in replacement. Native Session also extends the Session API to support ‘flash’ session variables and manually regenerating the session id.

DB Session
DB Session generates its own cookies and stores all session variables in a database, eschewing PHP’s native session facility. DB session is compatible with CI’s session api, and is designed as a drop-in replacement. DB Session supports ‘flash’ session variables.

OB Session
OB Session stores data either client-side in the cookie or server-side in a database table. It does not use PHP’s native session mechanism. Designed as a drop-in replacement for CodeIgniter’s session class. Easily configure non-persistent sessions, session timeouts and session auto regeneration. Supports ‘flash’ session variables and manual regeneration of the session id.

I understand for anyone who got enough skill, those explanation is enough.

i'm still not able to understand what is the best to use if you control 100% of your dedicated server.

I'll be happy to listen what solution people use, and more WHY ! Smile

Thanks a lot for people who taking time to give a minute for this.

Scaffolding : about to give up =(
Posted by: El Forum - 07-12-2007, 08:16 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (38)

[eluser]webdezzo[/eluser]
Ok,

Really trying to get into the CI framework. But this silly scaffolding problem is driving me up a wall =(

It appears that the functionality of the scaffolding is working, insert, edit delete etc. However, I am getting the following PHP warnings spit out on the page:

------------------------------------
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: views/header.php

Line Number: 23
-------------------------------------

Filename: views/header.php

Line Number: 24
--------------------------------------

Filename: views/view.php

Line Number: 14
---------------------------------------

Filename: views/view.php

Line Number: 15
----------------------------------------

Not quite sure where they are coming from. All the other functionality seems to work great. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Help with autoload pls
Posted by: El Forum - 07-12-2007, 07:00 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (14)

[eluser]n00bPhpCoder[/eluser]
Hi ive been trying to fix this problem but still.. i am trying to use autload to connect to my database.

$autoload['libraries']=array('database')

but everytime i do this, i get a white page with nothing on it Big Grin. If i remove the database keyword then it will be back to normal. Well my dtabase is working perfectly. my username and password is correct. Im using php 5.x and when i connect to my SQL manager for mySQL it works fine.

I have no idea now how to enable database. Pls help.

You see im still a n00b, but in no time i wont be Big Grin

Possible to accept $_POST data from non CI form? [solved]
Posted by: El Forum - 07-12-2007, 06:39 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (6)

[eluser]Aaron L.[/eluser]
Hello,

I am trying to integrate my CI application with my merchant account. In order to complete the transaction and update my customer's account (in CI) I need to post the result data from their API to my CI application.

So basically, I am trying to post standard $_POST data from outside of CI to my CI application where it is parsed and updates the user's account.

The api posts to a url formatted like this: http://domain.com/index.php/payments/updateaccount

is this possible?

- Aaron

problem with Query database in routes.php file
Posted by: El Forum - 07-12-2007, 06:15 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (3)

[eluser]widiastono[/eluser]
dear all,

I have problem to query database table in routes.php file, this the details story:

I have table in database which contains some filed

mic_modules
id
name
active

i want to query which modules name is actice and use it to route to my url, sample, if i get query news is active from my mic_modules tables so i can redirect to http://127.0.0.1/ci/index.php/news, but if i can't it when i access http://127.0.0.1/ci/index.php/news i will route to http://127.0.0.1/ci/index.php/default.

Simple explaination is i want to get which modules is active but i query it from database table.

any advice for this problem? please help...

widiastono

Scaffolding Troubles
Posted by: El Forum - 07-12-2007, 06:13 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (3)

[eluser]webdezzo[/eluser]
Hey all,

I am new to CI, and trying to get this puppy working. All is well until I try setting up scaffolding. I have tried the .htaccess implementations, and still am having no luck. It appears that the edit / insert / view functionality is working properly, but I keep getting php notices. I have set directive :

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

in my .htaccess file as my host requires, and still nothing.

http://www.undecisive.com/index.php/blog/scaffolding

Thanks in advance!

CI Version 1.5.4 Released
Posted by: El Forum - 07-12-2007, 04:21 PM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (29)

[eluser]Rick Ellis[/eluser]
Hello CI'ers... we've released version 1.5.4. It's primarily a maintenance release. For a list of all changes please see the Change Log. If you are currently running CodeIgniter please read the update instructions. Note: If you are still seeing the old documentation please clear your browser cache.

pls do not change homepage language
Posted by: El Forum - 07-12-2007, 03:10 PM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (1)

[eluser]kucerar[/eluser]
Please continue to say CI kicks ass, or allows your programs to kick ass...somehow the current home page is so refreshing that I don't think it will last...

Migration Advice
Posted by: El Forum - 07-12-2007, 02:51 PM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (4)

[eluser]richard_ctv[/eluser]
Hello.

I am in the process of planning the migration of two applications to CI. Both use 'legacy' code in that it mixes to a great degree php and html output. I am quite new to MVC frameworks but have been working an on app using CI for the last couple of weeks. It seems fairly simple to write something from scratch, but migration...

Both apps were written about 5 years ago, and require new features. I want to move them into CI as neither are MVC and adding new features means a lot more spaghetti code. And not having looked at the code for such a long time, I have to go through and work out how it all works! Probably better to do the migration and relearn (and clean up) the code as I go.

The structure of the main app is that it runs mostly of a single index.php file. You can read a full overview of the system in Linux Journal. The system is very stable and fast, just a bit messy to extend, hence the desire to move it to a framework. (We are about to move it to new faster hardware and update to php5 and mysql5, both from v4).

The app includes a whole bunch of files - for sessions, user authentication, cookies and access to objects in the database - and these are in directories below the site root. Fairly standard stuff. There is an additional large group of included files that contain classes for objects that represent items in the db. This is so I can go $object->print or $object->save and not have to worry about the underlying table differences.

There is also a complex query compiler that works in a similar way to the lucene query parser (although it pre-dates it), allowing complex search constructs. It also allows multiple data sources to be searched, regardless of the schema, and returned to the user in a simple format. This, I want to retain as it is what makes the system so powerful from the users' point of view (and represents a significant time investment).

I want to retain as much of the good code as possible, passing out data in arrays, as you do for MVC.

May main concern is how to move all the class files into CI in a structured and logical way, and then convert the descendant classes to be (i expect) libraries).

Other questions I have are: is search a library or a model. Ditto the object classes which access the DB.

Suggestions on restructuring this for CI and any other tips that come to mind would be appreciated!

regards,

Richard

======
basic structural overview:

root/htdocs/index.php
edit.php
help.php

root/includes/search.inc.php
other includes

root/includes/recordtypes/record.inc.php
other classes extended from record

MySQL and extended ASCII
Posted by: El Forum - 07-12-2007, 01:16 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (4)

[eluser]Xandrios[/eluser]
Hi,

I noticed that string values from my MySQL database are not properly printed with CI. A simple separate PHP script that echoes the same values works fine. However with CI (using an activerecord query) the 'á' will become an '?' and so on.

I am guessing this has something to do with some kind of Character encoding. The MySQL tables are set to 'latin1_swedish_ci'. Is it possible to somehow adjust the char encoding CI uses? Or could something else be the problem?

Running PHP5 with MySQL 5.

Thanks Smile

Theme © 2014 iAndrew