Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeMastery Test CI3.0

I haven't spent more than a few minutes on the site but off the top of my head.
  • It's not clear what the purpose of the site is if someone lands on it and doesn't spend much time on it
  • It's not clear how it works
  • It's not clear how to start
  • The UI looks very 'plain'. I'd recommend using a library like Bootstrap to make it look more uniform and web 2.0 styled
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

It's not clear what the purpose of the site is if someone lands on it and doesn't spend much time on it
I did write the purpose? So what do you want me to do to improve it?

It's not clear how it works
It's not clear how to start
Perhaps you could help me write the instruction?

For the Bootstrap for UI.
I will fix this later, right now my focus is the functionality.

(07-18-2016, 03:11 PM)iridion2015 Wrote: It's not clear what the purpose of the site is if someone lands on it and doesn't spend much time on it
   I did write the purpose? So what do you want me to do to improve it?

It's not clear how it works
It's not clear how to start
    Perhaps you could help me write the instruction?

For the Bootstrap for UI.
   I will fix this later, right now my focus is the functionality.

As a web developer, I've learned that users will wait no longer than a few seconds to gain interest in your website. You need a powerful and compelling "catch" that will immediately explain what the purpose of the site is. This cannot be a long text, people will just lose interest.

I think a good UI goes hand in hand with showing people how it works. If you build a site correctly, the UI should guide the user on how to get going without having to write instructions.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

@albertleao

Regarding the Bootstrap for UI I'm thinking if that will be helpful?
Because perhaps it will add up to slowing down the loading of the page?

I'm also converting jquery codes into JavaScript to minimize the loading time.

If you have additional opinion let me know

The idea might be good but it is a long way to go. This kind of websites need a huge effort on UX. Right now the major improvements can be done on design and speed:

1) Bootstrap for sure. I can guarantee you 100% that it's not a problem of bootstrap / jQuery that your site is slow.

2) In terms of speed you can obviously get better servers but an idea that you could also use with or without servers is to depend heavily on javascript to avoid loading pages at all. This kind of websites need a fast user experience and only pull the minimal amount of info from the server. Basically the user will be using is browser to process most of the application and then by ajax you only communicate the minimal amount of info between the server and the client.

@ivo miranda

thank you for giving me the hint --> "without servers is to depend heavily on javascript to avoid loading pages "
So you mean load every Questions and Answers into JavaScript array?
This might be a good idea without using ajax.
But could you point me to a javascript prototype?

Bootstrap and jQuery will not be the bottleneck of your site.

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2016, 04:01 AM by InsiteFX. Edit Reason: Added boostrap example code )

Slow page loading is because if you have your javascript in you html head tags.

If the javascript does not need to run right off for the page then it should be loaded just before the closing body and html tags.

If you take a look at a Bootstrap example you can see this in action.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

I'll consider bootstrap.
But will implement it in the future.
For now, my focus is the functionality and fixing major bugs.

I gave it a shot and the 1st screen had 5 syntax errors so I was unable to continue

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB