Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI-Gettext - Another library to use gettext magic

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2017, 04:49 AM by bkader. Edit Reason: Typo! )

Hello guys, I hope you're doing all fine.

I guess this is my first topic so I will try as quick as I can.

I love how CodeIgniter works and I love gettext, together they rock! This is why I made this little library to allow you use gettext magic.

All you have to do is to drop folder into you're CodeIgniter setup (make sure to always backup your files before you do anyting), then auto-load Gettext library inside your autoload.php file. That's all.

You language files should be in MO format and inside language/__language_name__/LC_MESSAGES/__domain__.mo
By default, __domain__ is set to messages.

I hope it'll work for you! Let me know if there is any problem and happy CodeIgniting :p

EDIT
The addin has been updated and it's now 100% working (at least for me). Try it and let me know.
Please report any bugs you may encounter.

--
In case you missed the link: CI-Gettext Github Repository
Follow me on Github, you may find interesting things!

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2016, 03:37 AM by MackieeE.)

Just had a good look through - One of the better Gettext implementations into CI I've seen Smile

My only feedback would be, using Hooks to alter index.php behaviour - only then it's more maintainable for other people upgrading (Albiet CI3 is near end of it's cycle anyway)

By the way, share your support for getting CI4 into using gettext() here!
http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-65550.html

(09-26-2016, 03:37 AM)MackieeE Wrote: Just had a good look through - One of the better Gettext implementations into CI I've seen Smile

My only feedback would be, using Hooks to alter index.php behaviour - only then it's more maintainable for other people upgrading (Albiet CI3 is near end of it's cycle anyway)  

By the way, share your support for getting CI4 into using gettext() here!
http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-65550.html

Glad to see a positive first reply. You can give it a try and let me know if you face any problems and feel free to contribute Smile
I posted on the thread you shared, I am in into using gettext() for CI4

Hi, thankyou for this library!
I have download it from gitHub and put in into my application but doesn't work.
I don't have any error or warning, just the text is always in English didn't change
The application is like your with same files, same folders and .po/.mo files
Where I am wrong?
Thank you

Maurizio

(11-08-2016, 06:30 AM)kanito Wrote: Hi, thankyou for this library!
I have download it from gitHub and put in into my application but doesn't work.
I don't have any error or warning, just the text is always in English didn't change
The application is like your with same files, same folders and .po/.mo files
Where I am wrong?
Thank you

Maurizio

Hi and sorry for being late!

Just drop a new CI copy then download the repo et paste it there (to replace respective files) ! It should work fine I hope.
The application is the same, same folder and same .po/.mo files.

The addin has been updated and it's now 100% working (at least for me). Try it and let me know.
Please report any bugs you may encounter.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB