Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter.com - Report problems!

John - we're not moving servers and nothing's changed in the last few months. I've got to get access to Cloudflare still (they weren't able to find those credentials) so that could be a day or two. Feels like there might have been a DOS attack going on, but that area is not my specialty.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2020, 08:19 PM by John_Betong.)

(03-24-2020, 07:52 PM)kilishan Wrote: John - we're not moving servers and nothing's changed in the last few months. I've got to get access to Cloudflare still (they weren't able to find those credentials) so that could be a day or two. Feels like there might have been a DOS attack going on, but that area is not my specialty.

I appreciate that CodeIgniter.com's server URI is not being changed and unfortunately the domain uses CloudFlare's cache system.  

If CloudFlare is unable to locate the records try (if available) CodeIgniter.com's Registrar. Point the Nameserver to CodeIgniter's Server (104.27.152.103) instead of CloudFlare. I have found that propagation usually takes a lot less than 24 hours.

If possible reset the SSL Certificate which may reset CloudFlare's caching system.

(03-23-2020, 01:25 PM)jreklund Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 12:54 PM)atsanna Wrote: Maybe I didn't explain myself well: the problem does not concern one of my projects but the homepage of the official website https://codeigniter.com

Your server appears to be returning a 500 error...

We know, but @kbrouill_mtl asked how to download the framework now when our homepage are not working. I'm afraid we can't fix this at this time, as we don't have access to the server.

Hi all,

Just to clarify, I was aware that CodeIgniter.com was down and was asking for other means of downloading CodeIgniter while you are fixing the site.

I later saw that CodeIgniter 4 is on GitHub, I downloaded the 4.0.2 release from there. Is that a good option for the meantime?

@jreklund
Is this source valid?   https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4/releases

It appears functional, except that the (.env) file is incorrectly named (env) which took me a while to notice.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 11:37 AM by jreklund.)

(03-24-2020, 07:52 PM)kilishan Wrote: Feels like there might have been a DOS attack going on, but that area is not my specialty.

Let me know if you need any help on the matter. But I'm greeted with "Whoops" and that should not be caused by DDoS, that should be something in CI. As the page are served with CI (if not a special configuration have been made on the server itself). If it where DDoS the page would not be shown at all, as the server (Apache / Nginx) or PHP will crash.

(03-24-2020, 08:18 PM)John_Betong Wrote: If CloudFlare is unable to locate the records try...

I can access the site just fine. I just get the default CI4 "Whoops!", are you getting a CloudFlare message? And if CloudFlare gets disabled, as you have suggested, we may cause more harm than good. As the server may not be able to handle the load.

(03-24-2020, 10:21 PM)kbrouill_mtl Wrote: It appears functional, except that the (.env) file is incorrectly named (env) which took me a while to notice.

You have downloaded the correct version. It's correctly named, not everyone want to use the environment variable, that's why it's not enabled by default.

Moved the thread into General and made it sticky, so it's easier for people to see

The main website codeigniter.com is also down here in the UK:

Whoops!
We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later...

(03-25-2020, 11:19 AM)jreklund Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 07:52 PM)kilishan Wrote: Feels like there might have been a DOS attack going on, but that area is not my specialty.

Let me know if you need any help on the matter. But I'm greeted with "Whoops" and that should not be caused by DDoS, that should be something in CI. As the page are served with CI (if not a special configuration have been made on the server itself). If it where DDoS the page would not be shown at all, as the server (Apache / Nginx) or PHP will crash.

(03-24-2020, 08:18 PM)John_Betong Wrote: If CloudFlare is unable to locate the records try...

I can access the site just fine. I just get the default CI4 "Whoops!", are you getting a CloudFlare message? And if CloudFlare gets disabled, as you have suggested, we may cause more harm than good. As the server may not be able to handle the load.

(03-24-2020, 10:21 PM)kbrouill_mtl Wrote: It appears functional, except that the (.env) file is incorrectly named (env) which took me a while to notice.

You have downloaded the correct version. It's correctly named, not everyone want to use the environment variable, that's why it's not enabled by default.

Moved the thread into General and made it sticky, so it's easier for people to see

(03-23-2020, 01:25 PM)jreklund Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 12:54 PM)atsanna Wrote: Tal vez no me expliqué bien: el problema no concierne a uno de mis proyectos, sino a la página de inicio del sitio web oficial https://codeigniter.com

Parece que su servidor está devolviendo un error 500 ...

Lo sabemos, pero @kbrouill_mtl preguntó cómo descargar el marco ahora cuando nuestra página de inicio no funciona. Me temo que no podemos solucionar esto en este momento, ya que no tenemos acceso al servidor.
codeigniter.es works

It's back up and running.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 08:43 PM by FlavioSuar.)

(03-25-2020, 08:38 PM)kilishan Wrote: It's back up and running.
The download page still states that v3 is the current one and v4 is future...
Just my 0.02

(03-25-2020, 08:38 PM)kilishan Wrote: It's back up and running.
The download page still states that v3 is the current one and v4 is future...
Just my 0.02

Best regards!!!

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 08:47 PM by kilishan.)

I said it was back up and running, not that we'd updated all of the content Smile

We only recently got access to the server after Jim's passing, but we are working on that. A redesign is nearly done thanks to the hard work of a couple of awesome volunteers.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB