Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
"spoofing" an email address

In my application I allow the administrator using the system (usually the tax manager) to send emails to employees. These emails contain a link to a passwordless login, but that is besides the point. I'd like to display that the email came from the tax manager, rather than me, [email protected]. The reason is that the employees will be much more likely to open the email if they know that it was sent by a company manager. 

I asked AWS's SES service if it was possible with AWS. The answer was no. Is there anyway to send an email in someone else's name?
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

Well, I don't know all the options you have, but have you thought about creating another account for the tax manager with the same privileges (to send emails to employees) and with the preferred email address?

(11-25-2020, 08:49 AM)sammyskills Wrote: Well, I don't know all the options you have, but have you thought about creating another account for the tax manager with the same privileges (to send emails to employees) and with the preferred email address?
Thanks. I have and could add the tax manager. But my system is really self serve (ie no humans involved).
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB