Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter that suitable for PHP 6

[eluser]chandrajatnika[/eluser]
I have some problem about my CI application when I install it on PHP 6.
this is some error:
Code:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in J:\\Webmaster_File\\Project\\product_database\\system\\codeigniter\\Common.php on line 123

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in J:\\Webmaster_File\\Project\\product_database\\system\\codeigniter\\Common.php on line 129

Fatal error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in J:\\Webmaster_File\\Project\\product_database\\system\\codeigniter\\CodeIgniter.php on line 53

I remove \"Call Time Pass by Reference\" on Common.php by remove \"&\" on object declaration
Code:
$obj =& new Class(); // before
$obj = new Class(); // after

I remark \"set_magic_quotes_runtime()\" statement from CodeIgniter.php, and the last is i create my own \"get_magic_quotes_gpc()\" function by only returning a boolean false.

After that, my application do unfinish looping and my web server got some error.

Could you please help me how to handle this?

[eluser]EEssam[/eluser]
And why you're using PHP 6 already?

My Office install appserv2.6 for their server, and I don\'t have an authority to change it so I must change my code to run well in my office server. Thank you

My Office install appserv2.6 for their server, and I don\'t have an authority to change it so I must change my code to run well in my office server. Thank you

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Deprecated functions are still usable if you add
Code:
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED);
You will get no error messages.

The set_magic_quotes_runtime function was added to make the framework safe in every php environment. In php6 the magic quotes are removed so the function has no purpose anymore.

[eluser]Sarfaraz Momin[/eluser]
You need to tell them that its not much supported version of PHP and not even in alpha and cannot be used for development since much incompatibilities with the older versions. I understand admins are a pain in the a** but u need to make them understand whats in the best interest of the company.
Hope they understand and make you life easier else best of luck and keep posting about your experiences with PHP 6. There are lots of eager people here ready to take in new things Smile

I\'ve told them to use a compatible PHP for my application but it seems they have another perceptions so they don\'t want to change server at this moment

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
I wonder about that too, you can't even download it through the usual methods from the php website (unless you go via svn/cvs i guess).

err, umm, hrmmm, i really should refresh the screen before posting a reply, especially if an hour or so has past since opening the screen.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB