Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
where and how to store js, CSS, images files

[eluser]mahe11[/eluser]
Hi all,
I m new in framework. Plz any one help me where and how to store js(javascript), CSS, images files. So i will my site much better.

Regards
Mahesh

[eluser]Madmartigan1[/eluser]
This is my setup:

application
- CI application files
system
- CI system files
public
- css
- js
- images
- etc.
uploads (only writable directory)
index.php
.htaccess
robots.txt

Smile

[eluser]Mischievous[/eluser]
Almost the same as Madmartigan1... little different I like having my themes or templates in a root directory so you can allow direct access to your css/images for your site without giving up system directories etc.
Also, use media directory for anything not related to templates but used on the site and have a cron directory for any scripts that need to run by themselves which i have a custom index.php that runs codeigniter without having access it via the web.

-application
- CI application files
-system
- CI system files
-crons
-themes
- css
-images
- js
-cache (only writable directory)
-media
- images
- swf
- etc.
index.php
.htaccess
robots.txt

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
asset
-- css
-- js
-- img

index.php

InsiteFX

[eluser]Ki[/eluser]
Ideally, css and js should be stored on a completely separate CMS in order to avoid overhead. Lots of top tier sites store them on a different domain altogether.
If you want to know how to dynamically load js for each page to speed up your site, check this out:

http://www.key2market.com/2010/10/managi...deigniter/

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
The main reason for using a different domain, is that no cookies or other HTTP headers will be send with each request, speeding up the process of loading your images.

[eluser]mahe11[/eluser]
thank you to all.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB