Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[split] sitemap

Hi there,

I am a new user of this thread and I have no idea of using this platform, i.e. Codeigniter. I am facing an issue repeatedly, and it's about submitting the sitemap to the website. 

I have 2 websites that are made by developers but look like they don't are expertise in this thing.  Well, the issue is- I submitted a sitemap to the website with the help of developers and when I am checking this sitemap with domainname/sitemap.xml it shows the exact file of sitemap that should be in the exact format but when I am submitting this Google Search Console(GSC), it shows an error that sitemap couldn't fetch or general HTTP error. and apart from that, it shows that "Sitemap could not be read". What should I do now to resolve this issue? Please help me with this.

Thank You,
Raveena

(11-18-2021, 02:32 AM)raveena Wrote: Hi there,

I am a new user of this thread and I have no idea of using this platform, i.e. Codeigniter. I am facing an issue repeatedly, and it's about submitting the sitemap to the website. 

I have 2 websites that are made by developers but look like they don't are expertise in this thing.  Well, the issue is- I submitted a sitemap to the website with the help of developers and when I am checking this sitemap with domainname/sitemap.xml it shows the exact file of sitemap that should be in the exact format but when I am submitting this Google Search Console(GSC), it shows an error that sitemap couldn't fetch or general HTTP error. and apart from that, it shows that "Sitemap could not be read". What should I do now to resolve this issue? Please help me with this.

Thank You,
Raveena

Hi, Raveena.
You're under wrong thread here (this title is about problems related to website: codeigniter.com) but please check for Robots.txt and allow Google bots for your problem.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 12:38 PM by captain-sensible.)

you could could a new thread sitemap and seo issue.

basically first you create a  sitemap  eg sitemap.xml 

you can do that using https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/     past in your  web into bar , you should if you naviagte around see a download link. Go for download as sitemap.xml  the file "sitemap.xml" is a generic name  but the content for your web will be unique.

next go to your web hosting account and navigate to files; upload your sitemap.xml file to the PUBLIC directory of your CI web

Next after you have uplaoded file ; for google you need to go to google web masters to get to console.  

On the google console you shoudl see a link submit sitemap

There are TWO options : test and submit . use test first to make sure your not going to get an error . of course you must have your web listed on google console first. The url for testing your sitemap on google console will be : yourdomain.something/sitemap.xml

if test comes back with no problems it probably won't show much maybe something like " no errors" THEN you repeat - this time nto testing but submitting

You can also use the same url in a web browser address bar .  If you have everything as you should from memory the contents of the sitemap will be rendered in a sort of list
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

I moved the post in a new thread. Be careful to post in the right category. Thank you.
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB