Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Form Validation Question [SOLVED]

[eluser]Steve Goodwin[/eluser]
MANAGED TO SOLVE THIS, FILE ATTACHED WITH LATEST VERSION IF ANYONE ELSE REQUIRES IT!

So I was using a form validation mod originally done by "Kuroir", I was using this flawlessly until downloading CI 2.1.0. Now I receive the "Unable to load the class: security", after much debugging it seems that this error is triggered as the form validation lib has been updated (yes i know your not suppose to modify the core libs due to this, but at times CI sucks and you need to in order to get anywhere!).

Anyways rant over, the link to the old CI modifications is here:

https://bitbucket.org/kuroir/codeigniter...8986fdc408

Can anyone see how you would port this over into the new CI lib as i'm currently stuck as the project i'm updating requires the update but all my forms are using this method to validate and set error messages.

Thanks

Steve

[eluser]Mfawa Alfred Onen[/eluser]
Hello Steve,
The reason I think you are having this problem with Security library is because it was re-written to accommodate more features and make the code more portable. I see no reason why you should be modifying the core library found in system/library/Form_validation.php, instead why not extend the library to incorporate your changes in application/libraries? I will have a look at it by the way and see, it should not be a big a challenge to implement anyway.

Regards!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB