Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Announcing Baobab Code Ignited website framework

[eluser]Dready[/eluser]
Dear all,

I'm happy to introduce to you the project I'm working on for 6 months now : Baobab. It uses Code Igniter and allows you to easily code the "good" part of a website. Baobab includes so far :

* basic user management system, with privileges.

You can also easily code a wrapper to allow authentication on another database

* tree-like website

In Baobab, every "page" of the website is a "node" of the tree. Node handlers allows you to customize node display. Baobab comes bundled with simple handlers, as "story","blog","image","book".

* jquery integration

To simplify development, ease user controls ala web2.0 , Baobab comes with the jquery javascript library.

* integrated theming support

Every bit of Baobab render happens through templates (via a tweaked code igniter Parser library). You can assign a theme to a whole hierarchy of the website.

It's still an early development, but as you know opensource, "release soon, release often".

Please note that some jquery stuffed javascript don't work on Internet Explorer...

[2009 04 23] : Version 0.0.2 is available

You can find it on Baobab's website

[eluser]wonderbread[/eluser]
First bug.
I get a huge chunk of the code visible below.

http://pastebin.com/f746711d9

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
website down for me...

[eluser]Dready[/eluser]
@wonderbread : first release always miss some things ! To remove debugging things, just remove the last three PHP lines in system/application/views/body.php.

@sikkle : the hosting provider I found ( http://www.x10hosting.com ) is totally free of charge, and is one of the few that provides PHP 5. I must admit it's sometimes down... however it seems to reply now.

[eluser]Dready[/eluser]
Hello all,

version 0.0.2 of Baobab CMS is available for your testing pleasure ! Hope you'll like it. It happens here

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
Do you have a demo someone for us to check out without having to install this?

[eluser]Dready[/eluser]
My website runs with Baobab... :-) That's here

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB